From single events like the New England Camp Conference to term-length commitments such as our Board of Directors, there are many committees and avenues for members to get involved and contribute to ACA, New England.
If you are interested in volunteering and would like to connect more about potential opportunities, please complete our volunteer interest form, and someone from the ACA, New England team will connect with you soon. You can read more below about our current opportunities.
Our board, composed of volunteers elected by our members, meets four times each year to discuss the strategic directions of ACA, New England. They also work throughout the year on various committees, task forces, and and projects to serve the camp community.
- Ian Moorhouse, President – Wheeler School
- Doug Sutherland, Vice-President – Barbara C. Harris Camp
- Heather Plati, Vice-President – Camp O-AT-KA
- Joanna Lenahan, Vice-President – Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
- Terrie Campbell, Treasurer, 4-H Camp Howe
- Anna Hopkins Buller, Secretary, Friends Camp
- Betsy Kelder, Past-President, Jewish Family & Children’s Service
Board of Directors
- Garth Altenburg, Camp Timanous
- Wendy Berliner, Camp Lindenmere
- Matt Casparius – Merrimack Parks & Recreation/Naticook Day Camp
- Kate Clark – Stoneman, Chandler & Miller, LLC
- Jen “Dusty” Clitheroe – Strength Perspective, LLC
- Michael Constance – Camp Allen
- Lisa Fortenberry, Camp Harbor View
- Keith Garbart – Renbrook Summer Adventure
- Jeff Gleason – YMCA Camp of Maine
- Susan Hild – Camp Merriwood
- Shawn Moriarty – Mass Audubon at Moose Hill
- Page Rich – Alford Lake Camp
- Catriona Sangster – Camp Wawenock
- Nick Teich – Harbor Camps
- Carly Vargas – Kamp Kohut
Committees / Interest Groups
The following is a list of Committees that help ACA, New England deliver on its mission each year. If you’d like to know about these committees, read their descriptions linked below. If you’d like to connect more about any specific opportunity or generally about getting involved, please reach out to the staff member listed beside the committee:
Stay Up To Date
And Never Miss An Event
Update your e-Mail subscription preferences now!