Camp Rice Moody Head Pool Counselor
February 24, 2023
Website Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
Summer is calling! Are you ready to spend your summer leading a group of campers on a journey filled with amazing learning experiences, laughter, and lifelong memories? If you are up for the challenge, we want you to join our team as a Head Pool Counselor! GSEMA has a day camp job opening for a Head Pool Counselor at Camp Rice Moody located in Reading, MA.
We are looking for individuals who are energetic and have a passion for working with youth. Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) offers invaluable skill-building, leadership, training, and enrichment opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else. So, whether you’re an experienced camp counselor or just looking to gain new experiences, we welcome you to apply.
Hours and Work Environment
Camp Dates are June 22-23 and 25-27, and July 5 – August 12, 2023. Camp runs Monday – Friday and staff will have 40-hour work weeks. The camp season includes 1 week of training.
$17.00 per hour with additional money-earning opportunities available: extended day, bus monitor, late-night sessions, etc.
What are some of the perks of working at camp?
- An opportunity to build your resume to reflect skill development in leadership, communication, problem-solving, behavior management, creativity, and more.
- Paid pre-camp training and professional development.
- Dependent upon the role, opportunities to receive FREE certifications (lifeguarding, archery, First Aid/CPR, etc.).
- Networking opportunities and a chance to work with other staff from around the world.
- Free transportation from select bus stop locations.
A HEAD POOL COUNSELOR will:
- Organize, direct and coordinate the pool program of the camp and for other council programs on the site.
- Enforce measures for waterfront safety for every person in camp, including staff.
- Help coordinate pool schedule with other programs in camp.
- Teach and assist with skill strengthening and free swim.
- Supervise pool lifeguards.
- Collaborate and lead other camp staff and campers to plan and adapt age appropriate camp activities and experiences that focus on the Girl Scout program goals and objectives, progression, camper safety, development, growth, skill achievement, ability, interest and comfort levels of campers.
- Contribute to a positive camp culture that exhibits an inclusive, welcoming and culturally responsive environment where all campers feel they belong.
- Commit to our mission of building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
- Work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages, and accept the Girl Scout commitment to work with all without regard to age, race, ethnicity/culture, country of origin, religion, language, socio economic status, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, ability or political affiliation.
Is this you?
- Age 18+ by June 15, 2023.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard Training or equivalent OR be willing to obtain.
- Current Red Cross First Aid and CPR OR be willing to obtain.
- Experience supervising, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, self-control.
- Ability to work within the camp environment (work may be indoors or outdoors and may be hot, humid, rainy or cool weather.)
- Ability to be an effective member of the staff team.
- Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve practical problems and successfully manage a variety of variables and personalities; ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Must become a registered Girl Scout.
- Must complete a criminal background check.
Company: Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
Location: Reading, MA
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: General Staff
Day or Night: Day
Application Deadline: 06/01/2023
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.