Aquatics Director Wanted at an Amazing Overnight Summer Camp!
November 9, 2022
Website Camp Lindenmere
Located on 200 acres in Pennsylvania’s beautiful Pocono Mountains, Camp Lindenmere is a private, coed sleepaway camp founded in 1935, for campers ranging in age from 7-17. Our Aquatics Program consists of a heated swimming pool, a spring-fed lake which has a beach, a sand volleyball court, and a deck that overlooks the entire area and provides a fantastic fishing spot! All areas have tons of exciting activities for campers to participate. Whether a camper wants to learn how to fish, hit the beach, or take some instructional swim lessons, there’s something for them at Lindenmere!
Competitive salary based on experience, as well as travel stipend. Children of are accepted into the program tuition free. Private or Semi-Private living space. All meals are provided, as well as laundry service. When open, camp amenities are available for use during free time and days off. Camp amenities include (but are not limited to) a state of the art, indoor fitness center, heated pool, private lake, and renovated staff lounge with computers, Wifi and TV. In addition, Camp Lindenmere will support the Aquatic Director’s professional development and invest in job-related certifications, including but not limited to Lifeguard, CPR and First-Aid.
- At least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
- Lifeguard certification, at a minimum; other certifications (including boating, swim instructor, pool maintenance, etc., preferred).
- Experience working with kids.
- Management experience preferred.
- Experience which relates to the Roles & Responsibilities, preferably in a camp setting.
- Willingness to work cooperatively and independently.
- Strong planning skills; well-organized, yet flexible.
- Confident, energetic, approachable, and fun to be around.
The Aquatics Director will oversee the Aquatics Program at Camp Lindenmere, including swimming, boating, fishing and an inflatable aqua park. They will oversee the lifeguards and instructors at both the pool and the lake.
- Responsible for overall management of the Lindenmere Aquatics Program.
- Plan, direct and supervise a successful aquatics program.
- Supervise approximately 15 lifeguards and aquatics instructors; implement the schedule and time-off for staff.
- Responsible for the safety, care and instruction of the campers.
- Facility management of the lake and pool (including knowledge of chemicals).
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable; ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated to take initiative and have a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to work in camp environment.
- Implement all safety measures and enforce all rules and regulations in accordance with the ACA and Camp Lindenmere standards.
- Highly safety conscious.
Company: Camp Lindenmere
Location: Pocono Mountains (Henryville, PA)
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: $Competitive salary based on experience as well as travel stipend and camper tuition.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org