JOB SUMMARY: Employee is responsible for a wide variety of maintenance and janitorial duties at Wasserman Park and the Naticook Summer Day Camp program. Employee of this classification will be required to operate and maintain various equipment used in the construction and maintenance of park buildings and facilities. Manual labor tasks incidental to all operations required. Work will be performed in various climatic conditions. The work will generally be performed outside of buildings. Proper physical conditioning for job performance required. Heavy lifting may be required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Work assignment will be received from the Parks & Recreation Director, but must be accomplished with minimal supervision. All work will be reviewed for completion, safety and equipment operation.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
• Performs maintenance tasks within Wasserman Park, including mowing, painting, cleaning, repairs etc…
• Thorough cleaning of restrooms and repair as needed. I.e. unclog drains and toilets
• Performs minor repairs on equipment and buildings
• Helps with loading and stacking of supplies.
• Cleans cabins and park buildings on a routine basis.
• Pick up trash around the park as needed
• Performs other related duties as required
Apply by: March 27 2015
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation / Naticook Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Maintenance/Support Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
High School graduate or equivalent, or at least 18 years of age
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Good knowledge of safety precautions and standards; good knowledge of the operation of light and heavy equipment; ability to operate equipment safely; and ability to work with the general public. Carpentry skills a plus. CPR / AED Certification Standard First Aid
Position runs from June - August, 2015