The Nature Activity Specialist is responsible for coordinating and leading environmental activities at Naticook Day Camp. The specialist will develop, plan & lead daily nature activities for groups of children between the ages of 5 – 14. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have experience in Nature or Environmental Education.
- Develop, plan and lead the Summer Nature/Environmental Education Program
- Develop different projects that will fit into allotted time period
- Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory, storing, and keeping equipment in good condition.
- Assist in teaching staff their responsibilities in activity during staff training
- Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
- Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of the season
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season
- Other duties may be assigned and required
Apply by: April 3 2017
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- High School graduate or equivalent, or at least 18 years of age
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred
- Training and experience in Nature/Environmental Education
- Ability to create lesson plans for campers of all ages
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- Abilities to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Ability to work with different age and skill levels.
Please visit http://www.merrimacknh.gov/positionopenings or the Town of Merrimack Human Resource Office located at 6 Baboosic Lake Road, Merrimack, NH, 03054 to view a complete job description and to obtain a Town application. To apply, submit your Town application and a copy of your certification cards to the above address. No email please. Position is open until filled. EOE For questions about the position, please contact Parks & Recreation Director Matt Casparius at 603-882-1046. Position is open until filled