A Counselor at Everwood Day Camp is responsible for providing an amazing summer camp experience for a group of campers! Our groups have 14-20 campers per group and our ages range from 4 to 15 years old. The Camp Counselor involves acting as the following for the summer: parent, coach, mentor, role model, and friend. As a camp Counselor, you will take your group of children from activity to activity, performing the role of coach or assistant coach in a wide variety of sports and arts. In this Counselor role, you will work side-by-side with a more experienced Group Leader who will provide regular support and feedback. In addition you will both be supervised by a Division Leader, an experienced teacher/educator who provides further guidance and mentorship.
DATES, HOURS AND PAY
The camp day runs from 9am to 4pm, with a work day of 8:30am to 4:00pm (this includes a 30 minute break per day), Monday to Friday (except July 4th, when we are closed).
Dates of Camp are from June 26th to August 25th (9 weeks, preferred) or August 18th (8 weeks). Staff trainings in late May and throughout June are also required (on evenings and weekends).
Salary for the Counselor position is $2,000 for 9 weeks of work.
- There are also multiple opportunities to make extra money for the summer, in addition to your salary! Being a Bus Counselor will make you up to $440 (and also save a ton of gas money)! Working our "Extended Day" before or after regular work hours (7-8:30am or 4-6pm) will make an extra $500+ to $700+!
- We are looking for bus counselors from all over MA and RI, including: Attleboro, Brookline, Canton, Chestnut Hill, Franklin, Mansfield, Medfield, Milton, Natick, Newton, Needham, Norfolk, North Easton, Providence, Randolph, Sharon, Somerville, Walpole, Wellesley, West Roxbury, Westwood. **Housing is not provided. Staff must live locally.
Apply by: April 16 2017
Camp/Organization: Everwood Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Sharon, MA
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- A Camp Counselor will be an enthusiastic, motivated, warm, friendly, caring individual.
- A Camp Counselor will have he ability to communicate, with patience and clarity, with children and co-workers. 16+ years of age.
- You must at least have finished your sophomore year of high school by June 2017.
- A Camp Counselor will have the ability and enthusiasm to swim comfortably, and assist with swim lessons, in a lake twice every day.
- A fun-loving and open-minded attitude
<p>125 Lakeview Street <br />Sharon, Massachusetts 02067</p>