December 29, 2022
Website United South End Settlements (Camp Hale)
1. Coordinate camp registration activities. Provide outreach to local community groups, youth groups, housing developments, church groups, schools, etc. to ensure that camp enrollment goals are met. Interview campers and parents, register campers, ensure that all registration paperwork is completed.
2. Participate in recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, and supervising camp staff under the direction of the Camp Director.
3. Develop (or obtain) and implement a curriculum of both summer and year-round activities for campers that promote positive youth development and environmental learning. Participate in off-season activities that strengthen the relationship between Camp and other USES programs.
4. Work with the Camp Director to maintain required records, permits, and licenses in accordance with both MA and NH regulations and standards.
5. Work with the Camp Director to ensure that all policies and procedures meet ACA standards for accreditation.
6. Ensure the safe and secure operation of the Camp.
7. Accept other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have 5 plus years in recreation and management. Candidate must be a strong leader, with excellent communication and organization skills. 4 years of camp supervisory experience; age 25 or older. Truly love to work with kids and young adults; excellent judgment; and great motivator of staff. This position requires a Bachelor's Degree and at least two years for residential summer camp experience in some administrative/supervisory role. Specific Camp Hale experience is a plus, but not required. This position also requires the occasional use of company vehicles, so a clean driving record is required. 3+ years of camp supervisory experience; age 23 or older; true love of working with kids; excellent judgment; and great motivator of staff.
Company: United South End Settlements (Camp Hale)
Location: Squam Lake, Center Sandwich
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: Administrative
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: Not Specified
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org