November 1, 2022
Website SNEUCC/ Silver Lake Camp
The Site Manager – Silver Lake Camp and Retreat Center is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the facilities to ensure that the maintenance and custodial needs are met.
The Site Manager – Silver Lake Camp and Retreat Center serves the God we know in Jesus Christ through the United Church of Christ by providing an environment and a culture that embodies the 4-part vision of the Southern New England Conference to: Make disciples of Jesus Christ; Make God’s love and justice real; Bring new life as agents of change; and form covenant partnerships especially as it relates to how colleague interactions take place. The position should be conducted in a way that reflects God’s love onto all with whom this person has contact.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manages, oversees, and performs the ongoing maintenance of Silver Lake’s buildings, vehicles, furniture and equipment.
· Performs a wide variety of semi-skilled maintenance duties related to the organization’s residential setting, programs, and office facilities.
· Manages forest, grounds, water and wastewater systems in accordance with professional forestry and water protection standards.
· Proposes and implements a plan for regularly scheduled routine maintenance and inspections, including updates to the Director for Camps and Retreats.
· Performs “building readiness” checks for user groups with an eye toward radical hospitality and safety
· In consultation with the Director for Camps and Retreats, develops and implements a capital improvements plan; minimizes deferred maintenance within budgetary constraints.
· Maintains all maintenance records and service schedules.
· Maintains a simple, attractive camp aesthetic.
· Handles all interactions with government agencies to ensure compliance with all relevant municipal, state and federal government health and safety standards.
· Ensures that American Camping Association accreditation requirements are met.
· Cooperates with law enforcement, permitting, and inspection authorities as necessary with regard to public water supply, fire alarm systems, public health, and all other facilities matters.
· Reviews and analyzes proposals for capital projects; makes recommendations to Director for Camps & Retreats regarding approval of prospective projects.
· Manages service contracts and capital projects to ensure compliance with budgets and contracts.
· Assists the Director for Camps & Retreats in setting and implementing the annual Property Maintenance budget
TEAMWORK, CULTURE, COMMUNITY
· Collaborates with others to build Christian community and provides a safe, friendly, attractive environment in which participants and staff may develop a keen appreciation of nature, each other, and God.
· Performs all duties in accord with the values of the Silver Lake Ministry.
· Works to increase sustainability of the facility and resources used at Silver Lake and to minimize environmental impact of Silver Lake operations.
· Works as a fully engaged team member with the year-round Silver Lake staff; participates in all-Conference worship and Silver Lake sponsored activities and programming.
STAFF AND VOLUNTEER SUPERVISION
· Assists Director for Camps & Retreats in hiring part time and summer maintenance staff.
· Supervises and mentors part-time and summer maintenance staff, providing training in appropriate maintenance and repair techniques, safety and sustainability.
· Helps inspire part-time and summer maintenance staff to know and live Silver Lake values.
· Recruits, empowers, assists and appreciates volunteer workers; cultivates a sense of “ownership” in volunteers.
· Recruits, leads, and nurtures the wider volunteer community to engage in the upkeep of Silver Lake Conference Center.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION AND GUEST SERVICES
· Participates in the Director on Duty schedule, coordinating with the Director for Camps & Retreats to ensure coverage at all times.
· Responds to guest group needs including timely response to maintenance emergencies.
· Shares office administration and reporting duties as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director for Camps & Retreats.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Experience working with bids and capital budgets required
· 5+ years Site Management experience required
· Ability to perform physical labor
· Ability to manage many details and deadlines
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Strong organizational skills
· Interpersonal skills; initiative and enthusiasm
FLSA: Exempt; Reports to: Director for Camps and Retreat Centers– Silver Lake Camp and Retreat Center; Housing included; EEOC Policy: The Conference provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (except insofar as ordination or religious background may be a qualification for a position), sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, or any other class or status protected by law.
Company: SNEUCC/ Silver Lake Camp
Location: Sharon, CT
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Year Round
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Day or Night: Overnight
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com