Hulbert Outdoor Center Program Coordinator IMMEDIATE OPENING
August 7, 2023
Website Aloha Foundation
Hulbert is looking for a dynamic and capable team member to join our leadership team. Create programs that inspire, build community, strengthen teamwork, and provide transformative experiences for children and adults.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hulbert Program Coordinators provide high-quality educational experiences for children and adults with a focus on leadership skills, teambuilding, community, personal challenge, natural history, and outdoor skills development. In addition, Coordinators help to facilitate on-site and school-based service-learning and leadership programs for elementary, middle, and high school students and work to develop intensive, curriculum-based programs for students of all ages.
Coordinators work with program leads at schools and organizations to customize activities and programs based on participant goals. Coordinators facilitate programs from pre-planning through implementation and follow-up work by creating schedules, preparing staff for programming, coordinating with kitchen and support teams, checking-in with program leads, managing changes, and gathering feedback at the close of programs.
Coordinators assist with onboarding, shadowing, and providing feedback to staff to further staff training and development. They also work with the Program Director on program development, implementation of high-level program elements, and supporting the overall vision for Hulbert. Coordinators may also instruct on selected programs as needed.
Coordinators manage regular programming throughout the school year and spend the summer engaged in planning and coordination work and the running of supplemental and post-camp programs.
This is a full-time, year-round, benefited position that is exempt from overtime. Hulbert provides training in all elements of our programming including teambuilding facilitation, group processing, and high and low ropes course facilitation.
- Serve as member of Hulbert’s leadership team
- Coordinate programs for school and adult groups from pre-planning stages, through program implementation, and post-program follow-up.
- Assist with planning and facilitation of staff orientation and training
- Facilitate staff development, including providing feedback, support, and assistance with lesson planning
- Coordinate services with kitchen team and support staff
- Assist with the creation and approval of Hulbert social media accounts
- Program Coordinator for Camp Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Attend Senior and Administrative meetings
- Instruct on programs as assigned
- Collaborative program planning, developing curricula and other advancement opportunities.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong commitment to educating children and communities.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products.
- Energetic and dedicated to all aspects of the work to create a strong community.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Experience teaching children, preferably in a residential camp environment.
- Ability and desire to work positively and productively during long hours with children and adults of diverse ages and abilities, outdoors in varied conditions.
- Willingness to take on varied tasks that support the program.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt energy and work to meet the needs of the program.
- Ability to lead day hikes of up to 8 miles, and other outdoor activities on rugged, steep trails.
- Wilderness First Aid required; Wilderness First Responder preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record, with ability to drive 15 passenger vans.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 + pounds.
- Availability to attend mandatory training.
About the Aloha FoundationThe Aloha Foundation is a Vermont-based non-profit organization that provides summer camps, family camps and education programs emphasizing simplicity, the outdoors and living in community. Our programs serve a range of campers and participants from children to older adults, individuals, groups, and families. The mission of the Aloha Foundation is to inspire people of all ages to learn, explore, grow, and become their best selves.
SEE DESCRIPTION ABOVE
SEE DESCRIPTION ABOVE
Company: Aloha Foundation
Location: Fairlee, VT
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Year Round
Type of Position: Program Head
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: $Commensurate with position and experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com