Horse Riding Instructor/Camp Counselor
October 13, 2023
Website Hidden Valley Camp
Are you seeking a meaningful opportunity to develop your teaching skills and advance your career? Are you looking for a paid internship or summer job where you’ll make a difference and hone leadership skills? Hidden Valley Camp’s equestrian program offers unique opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
Among the skills you will gain at HVC:
- Teaching campers age 8-14 and working with many learning styles
- Problem solving and decision making
- Public speaking in small and large groups
- Teamwork and teambuilding
- Leadership in many contexts with peers and children
In addition, a summer at Hidden Valley provides opportunities for personal growth: during your summer here, you will acquire new skills, make friends and connections from all over the world, earn internship credits, and make a valuable impact on children’s lives.
Our riding camp is a well-established program within a progressive Maine camp. Join a group of 12 devoted, energetic horse people, and care for 20 healthy horses, teaching children ages 8-14 English riding, vaulting, and other practices. Activities take place in three spacious rings, open fields, and miles of forested trails.
We are seeking individuals with:
- Experience working with children
- Intermediate to advanced riding abilities
- Prior experience instructing and/or instructor certifications preferred
- Enthusiasm and motivation to act as a positive role model for campers
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Adaptability and willingness to take on new challenges.
Company: Hidden Valley Camp
Location: Freedom, Maine
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: Not Specified
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org