Archery Instructor/Camp Counselor
October 13, 2023
Website Hidden Valley Camp
Are you seeking a meaningful opportunity to develop your archery skills and advance your career? Are you looking for a paid internship or summer job where you’ll make a difference and hone leadership skills? Hidden Valley Camp’s archery range offers unique opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
Among the skills you will gain at HVC:
- Teaching campers age 8-14 and working with many learning styles
- Problem solving and decision making
- Public speaking in small and large groups
- Teamwork and teambuilding
- Leadership in many contexts with peers and children
In addition, a summer at Hidden Valley provides opportunities for personal growth: during your summer here, you will acquire new skills, make friends and connections from all over the world, earn internship credits, and make a valuable impact on children’s lives.
Our archery range is a well-established Archery Program within a progressive Maine camp. Join a group of 12 devoted, enthusiastic archery instructors and outdoor enthusiasts, teaching children ages 8-14 team building, safety skills, and sportsmanship. Activities take place in a quiet wooded grove surrounded by open fields and miles of wooded trails. All staff are trained in and will gain an Archery Instructor Certification while at camp.
We are seeking individuals with:
- Experience working with children
- Intermediate to advanced archery abilities
- Prior experience instructing and/or instructor certifications preferred
- Enthusiasm and motivation to act as a positive role model for campers
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Adaptability and willingness to take on new challenges.
Company: Hidden Valley Camp
Location: Freedom, Maine
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: General Staff
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: Not Specified
To apply for this job please visit hiddenvalley.campintouch.com.