March 8, 2023
Website Aloha, Hive, Lanaila
The Aloha Foundation is seeking a qualified, passionate, and inspirational Head Chef. The Head Chef’s primary responsibility is to take excellent care of our campers and staff by providing excellent food service.
The Head Chef oversees all kitchen operations while working with an international staff to provide delicious, wholesome, child-friendly meals for campers and staff.
This position offers the opportunity to lead a team while preparing quality meals in a positive, friendly environment. This position includes a competitive salary, room and board, and the opportunity to spend the summer in a beautiful lakeside setting in Vermont. The season runs from early June to the third week in August.
- Create and maintain a positive and professional child-friendly atmosphere with a sense of mutual respect, both in the kitchen and throughout the camp.
- Prepare delicious meals for 250-270 campers and staff with a variety of options for vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free restrictions.
- Maintain superior food quality and sanitation standards in accordance with State and American Camp Association guidelines and regulations.
- Effectively manage all kitchen staff with the involvement of the Food Service Director and Camp Director. Train, supervise and motivate a kitchen staff with a range of international backgrounds. Create staff schedules and communicate responsibilities.
- Work with the Food Service Director to order all food and supplies while meeting set budgets for each.
- Ensure proper receiving and storage of all food and supplies.
- Communicate and work with the Camp Director or liaison regarding special events and general feedback on the kitchen operation.
- Ensure proper food handling and food safety practices. Maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the kitchen and storage areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements – Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent cultural fit for the camp and the Aloha Foundation, passion for our mission and delivering it through food and food service.
- 8 or more years cooking experience.
- 3 or more years of experience in a head chef position.
- Experience managing and training staff.
- Experience working with purchasing food and supplies a plus.
- Experienced in food sanitation and safety.
- Able to work on feet for duration of shift.
- Comfortable using a computer and online purchasing sites a plus.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds unassisted, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds. Stand, sit, bend, and walk for extended periods of time.
This is a seasonal contract. Per week: $1,000-$1,200 plus room and board.
- Associates Degree
- Culinary Degree (preferred)
- ServSafe Certification (preferred)
- 8-hour shifts
- 10-hour shifts
To request an application, please email email@example.com
The Aloha Foundation is a Vermont-based non-profit organization that provides summer camps, family camps and education programs emphasizing simplicity, the outdoors and living in community. Our programs serve a range of campers and participants from children to older adults, individuals, groups, and families. Aloha Foundation is an inclusive organization that welcomes people from all backgrounds. It does not discriminate in employment or in its programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, place of birth, ancestry, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, service in the armed forces of the United States, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. The mission of the Aloha Foundation is to inspire people of all ages to learn, explore, grow, and become their best selves.
See description above
See description above
Company: Aloha, Hive, Lanaila
Location: Fairlee, VT
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: Kitchen Staff
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: $Per hour: $21.00 plus room and board
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
To apply for this job please visit alohafoundation.org.