Camp Wind-in-the-Pines Resident Unit Counselor
February 22, 2023
Website Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
Summer is calling! Are you ready to spend your summer leading a group of campers on a journey filled with amazing learning experiences, laughter, and lifelong memories? If you are up for the challenge, we want you to join our team as a Unit Counselor! GSEMA has multiple resident openings for a Unit Counselor at Camp Wind-in-the-Pines located in Plymouth, MA.
We are looking for individuals who are energetic and have a passion for working with youth. Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) offers invaluable skill-building, leadership, training, and enrichment opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else. So, whether you’re an experienced camp counselor or just looking to gain new experiences, we welcome you to apply.
Hours and Work Environment
Camp Dates are June 24 – August 13, 2023. The camp season includes 1 week of training, beginning on June 24. You will live on camp property and work day, evening and overnight on a rotating schedule.
Rate starting at $540 per week. Includes lodging and meals.
What are some of the perks of working at camp?
- An opportunity to build your resume to reflect skill development in leadership, communication, problem-solving, behavior management, creativity, and more.
- Paid pre-camp training and professional development.
- Dependent upon the role, opportunities to receive FREE certifications (lifeguarding, archery, First Aid/CPR, etc.).
- Networking opportunities and a chance to work with other staff from around the world.
A UNIT COUNSELOR will:
- Work as a team with other unit staff and campers.
- Plan with campers and staff an interesting and challenging camp program, which reflects their personal choices and desires.
- Ensure that each camper’s ideas are listened to, and that camper planning happens.
- Get to know each camper in the group, encourage their personal growth at camp, and help them respect the rights of others and themselves.
- Become familiar with the natural resources of the camp area and share with the group what is available to them.
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of campers.
- Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
- Set a good example for campers and others, including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing clean-up, and participating in all camp activities.
- Commit to our mission of building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
- Work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages, and accept the Girl Scout commitment to work with all without regard to age, race, ethnicity/culture, country of origin, religion, language, socio economic status, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, ability or political affiliation.
Is this you?
- Age 18+ by June 15, 2023.
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
- Ability to assist in teaching an activity.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, self-control.
- Ability to work within the camp environment (Work may be indoors or outdoors and may be hot, humid, rainy or cool weather.)
- Ability to be an effective member of the staff team.
- Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve practical problems and successfully manage a variety of variables and personalities; ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Must become a registered Girl Scout.
- Must complete a criminal background check.
Company: Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
Location: Plymouth, MA
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: General Staff
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: Not Specified
Application Deadline: 06/01/2023
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.