Outdoor and Environmental Program Instuctor
June 18, 2022
Website Frost Valley YMCA
Frost Valley YMCA is located in the heart of the Catskill Mountains in New York State. Each Year we serve over 20,000 people, primarily from the greater NYC, Long Island and northern New Jersey region, through our Environmental Education and Groups and Family Retreats Departments. We are able to provide great learning and connection opportunities in the out of doors to a very diverse audience, many of whom may not otherwise have the opportunity. See http://www.frostvalley.org for more information.
Program Staff are responsible for preparation, delivery, and follow-up of programs offered through the Environmental Education, Teambuilding, and Group and Family Retreats programs at Frost Valley YMCA. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with students and guests of all ages. Frost Valley YMCA seeks to promote an awareness of the interrelationships of the natural world through the natural sciences. Frost Valley seeks to promote deeper connections within our students and guests with the outdoors, with others, and with themselves.
– Facilitate programs with small groups of students and guests in the areas of ecology, challenge course, group work, outdoor education/recreation, local culture/history, and crafts. Programs are delivered in a student-, participant-, and nature-centered manner.
– Plan and implement lessons and activity plans for each assigned program.
– Prepare, develop, and maintain program spaces and resources for use by staff and participants.
– Serve as host and point of contact for school and teambuilding groups.
– Participate in trainings and development opportunities.
- Medical/dental/life insurance effective the 1st of the month, after completing 60 days. - Eligible for YMCA retirement after 2 years with immediate vesting. Can participate on a pre-tax basis before eligibility and roll-over options available. - Shared and individual housing with own private room. - On-site/Off-site training provided for environmental education, conference, and teambuilding activities.
Experience working with children a must. Must have a firm commitment to working with children from diverse backgrounds and a firm commitment to guest service. Standard First Aid and CPR are required and if you do not have it you will be trained upon arrival. Please see our School Programs and Family/Group Programs pages on our website for descriptions of the programs offered. Persons of color encouraged to apply.
Company: Frost Valley YMCA
Location: Claryville, New York
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: Miscellaneous
Day or Night:
Salary: $13.20-14.00 hourly plus room and board
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org