Behavioral Support Specialist
January 12, 2023
· Organize and lead various small and large group activities focused on building resilience
· Mentor, engage and support youth in camp activities, and help build relationship with staff and fellow campers
· Play a key role in supporting individual campers’ needs, for example, fears, anxieties, physical challenges
· Work with families and campers to ensure appropriate, consistent communication regarding progress or struggles
· Participate in regular team meetings with a critical eye toward program delivery and camper response
· Respond to individual needs of campers with an eye toward safety, development, emotional/social growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
· Know and understand emergency procedures associated with the camp program as well as COVID19 protocol.
· Be aware of identified campers’ dietary restrictions/allergies and ensure that appropriate meals/snacks are distributed to them.
· Uphold appropriate boundaries with and among campers and staff and mediate any camper disputes
· Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp program, including knowing the whereabouts of your campers at all times.
· Training in de-escalation, participant engagement and positive youth development will be provided
An intensive opportunity to work with at risk youth in a traditional overnight summer camp setting. We will work with your educational institution to make this paid position part of an internship if desired. Behavioral Support Specialists will work as part of a team to deliver behavioral supports that center around social and emotional learning through traditional camp activities including sports, boating, swimming, ropes course, archery, arts & crafts, photography, nature exploration and more. If you enjoy working with kids between 10 – 14, being outside and might be interested in pursuing a career in education, recreation, social work or non-profit management, this is truly a unique opportunity. This position is located in Northwood, NH, about 90 minutes from Lowell. Transportation is provided on Monday morning and all staff and participants will be returned on Friday afternoon from July 10 – Aug 11, 2023. Weekends are off, lodging, meals and transportation provided, and staff will have paid time off daily. This position will offer a minimum of 600 hours toward your internship and additional paid internship hours in our Lowell facilities are available. This position is a minimum of 8 weeks.
· Experience at camp OR working with youth is required · Bilingual skills (English, Spanish, Khmer, Portuguese) desired · Applicant must be enrolled in college focused on recreation/exercise management/social service/education or similar major
Company: Community Teamwork
Location: Northwood, NH and Lowell, MA
ACA Accredited: No
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: General Staff
Day or Night: Overnight
Application Deadline: May 1,2023
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com