Program Director at an amazing overnight summer camp!
November 8, 2022
Website Camp Lindenmere
Located on 200 acres in Pennsylvania’s beautiful Pocono Mountains, Camp Lindenmere is a private, coed sleepaway camp founded in 1935. The Program Director is a key member of the summer leadership team and is responsible for overseeing our all-choice program consisting of 50+ activities and dedicated specialty staff. Our campers choose the activities they want to participate in throughout the summer, selecting Majors and Minors to gain real skills and experience and, of course, have fun!
The Program Director will work in collaboration with an Assistant Program Director, as well as the Leadership Team, to ensure camp operations are running smoothly. The position requires excellent planning skills, open-communication, flexibility, creativity, and organization. The ideal candidate brings energy and passion to the position and is well-versed in people-management.
Accepting Applications Until Position is Filled
- At least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience working with kids, preferably in a camp setting.
- Management experience preferred.
- Experience which relates to the Roles & Responsibilities, preferably in a camp setting.
- Willingness to work cooperatively and independently.
- Strong planning skills; well-organized, yet flexible.
- Confident, energetic, approachable, and fun to be around.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Partner with camp leadership to strategically map out the camp program of Majors and Minors.
- Oversee the development and execution of the activities’ weekly schedules. Supervise and evaluate the activity instructors.
- Evaluate the success of the program and adjust based on observation and feedback from campers and staff.
- Prepare weekly reports on activity attendance to evaluate effectiveness of the activities being offered.
- Schedule and monitor program staff time off; and ensure proper coverage at all times.
- Facilitate weekly meetings, and daily check-ins, with activity instructors.
- Be the point person for program/activity needs, materials and resources.
- Prepares and keeps written reports for the activities within the program director (i.e., attendance sheets, incident reports, evaluations)
Company: Camp Lindenmere
Location: Pocono Mountains (Henryville, PA)
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: Program Head
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: $Based on experience; Travel Stipend; Private or Semi-Private living space. All meals are provided, as well as laundry service. When open, camp amenities are available for use during free time and days off. Camp amenities include (but are not limited to) an indoor and state of the art fitness center, heated pool, private lake, and renovated staff lounge with computers, Wifi and TV. In addition, Camp Lindenmere will support the Program Director’s professional development and invest in job-related certifications, including but not limited to CPR, First-Aid and Lifeguard Training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com