Healthcare Professionals Wanted at an Amazing Overnight Summer Camp!
January 9, 2023
Website Camp Lindenmere
Located on 200 acres in Pennsylvania’s beautiful Pocono Mountains, Camp Lindenmere is a private, coed sleepaway camp founded in 1935, for campers ranging in age from 7-17. We are looking for RNs, LPNs or EMTs for the summer season to join our amazing medical team. Employment is available for 3, 4 or 7+ weeks. The Health Center is staffed with medical professionals, including an MD, 24/7.
Accepting Applications on a Rolling Basis
- At least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
- RN, LPN or EMT and valid PA License (Temporary License accepted).
- Experience working with kids, preferably in a camp setting.
- Management experience preferred.
- Experience which relates to the Roles & Responsibilities, preferably in a camp setting.
- Willingness to work cooperatively and independently.
- Strong planning skills; well-organized, yet flexible.
- Confident, energetic, approachable, and fun to be around.
Roles & Responsibilities: The camp nurse is responsible for administering medication, basic first aid, determining when a child should be seen by the doctor, and handling medical situations.
- Responsible for overall medical care administered to campers and staff; provide illness and injury management.
- Prepares and keeps written reports for all patients (i.e., nursing notes, medication charging).
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable; ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated to take initiative and have a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to work in a camp environment, including some night shifts.
- Follow Camp Lindenmere’s health care policies and procedures.
- Organize, manage and stock Health Center and First Aid Supplies.
- Administer daily medications and keep daily medical logs for all treatments and medications.
- Communicate with camp leadership and parents concerning camper health status as needed.
Company: Camp Lindenmere
Location: Pocono Mountains (Henryville, PA)
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: Program Head
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: $Competitive salary based on experience, as well as travel stipend. Children of medical staff members are accepted into the program tuition free. Private or Semi-Private living space. All meals are provided, as well as laundry service. When open, camp amenities are available for use during free time and days off. Camp amenities include (but are not limited to) a state of the art, indoor fitness center, heated pool, private lake, and renovated staff lounge with computers, Wifi and TV. In addition, Camp Lindenmere will reimburse the Nurse for any relevant certifications (i.e., PA license).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org