October 13, 2023
Website Camp Fatima for Boys
CAMP BERNADETTE & CAMP FATIMA, INC – POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION: Camp Fatima for Boys – Resident Director FLSA: Exempt
We are seeking a faithful leader to serve as Resident Director of Camp Fatima for Boys in Gilmanton Iron Works, NH. Camp Fatima serves boys ages 6 – 15 in a residential, overnight summer camp setting hosting approximately 700 registered campers each summer. Boys can stay at camp for 2,4,6, or 7 weeks. We also host a week for campers with Special Needs in June. Located on Upper Suncook Lake, Camp Fatima is a joyful Catholic community offering a sense of belonging for all. The camp has a full waterfront program including swimming, boating, and tubing. The camp also offers high and low ropes courses, crafts, sports, archery, riflery, faith formation activities and lots more. Camp Fatima is accredited by the American Camp Association. This position is accountable to the Executive Diocesan Director of Camp Bernadette and Camp Fatima.
The Resident Director’s position at Camp Fatima in Gilmanton Iron Works, NH, is a full time, ten-week position from June through August and requires part time work recruiting, hiring, and retaining staff and planning during the rest of the year. Attendance at various meetings during the off season is also expected. The director’s main responsibility is the preservation and promotion of Camp Fatima’s Catholic identity and camping traditions while managing all daily operations of the camp. Responsibilities also include but are not limited to maintaining ACA and licensing standards; budget development and implementation; staff development, supervision, and recruitment; ensuring the safety of campers and staff; maintaining and reviewing records; evaluating programs; and overseeing the summer maintenance of all camp facilities.
Candidates must have general administrative experience, a bachelor’s degree, and be at least 25 years of age. Experience in overnight camping, as well as a proven ability to effectively engage young men, both campers and counselors, in a way that builds strong and healthy relationships is necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Preserve and promote the identity of the camp as a joyful Catholic community with a sense of belonging for all.
2. Work with Executive Director to maintain ACA standards and operate under N.H. Law, assisting in the development of written work to accomplish this when necessary
3. Work with Executive Director to develop procedures, routines, and practices for all camp operations
4. Work with Executive Director and Business Manager to develop and manage annual budget including the day-to-day financial operation of camp
5. Review inventories and order or supervise the ordering of equipment and supplies in accordance with the annual budget
6. Define and adhere to camp goals and plan programs to reflect these goals
7. Carry out a system of recruiting and hiring staff including interviews, reference checks, and background checks.
8. Prepare and conduct pre-camp and in-service training for all CITs and staff members
9. Supervise summer office procedures and staff
10. Develop schedules and procedures for camp operation
11. Directly lead, supervise, and motivate the head staff
12. Maintain and review records and evaluations of programs, operations, staff and facilities
13. Prepare an evaluation and summary of current camp season including: inventories, staff evaluations, camper/parent evaluations.
14. Monitor crisis management plan including all emergency procedures
15. Monitor safety and all procedures as they pertain to the overall supervision of campers and staff
16. Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the camp family
17. Supervise and participate in decision making on the behavior and guidance of campers whose behaviors are beyond the responsibility of the general staff
18. Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. A Bachelor’s degree and 25 years of age
2. Must have general administrative experience
3. Practicing member of the Catholic Church
4. Ability to build strong, healthy relationships
5. Able to supervise, evaluate, and develop staff
6. Ability to plan, organize and carry out daily and special programs
7. Ability to communicate effectively with staff campers, parents and Executive Director
8. Ability to react quickly and decisively during crisis situations
9. Ability to appropriately communicate with the public
1. Summer camp outdoor environment, work from home part of the year; clean, well-lit summer office, environmentally comfortable, no fumes or airborne particles
2. Minimal exposure to chemicals related to copier equipment and general office solvents
3. Occasionally required to lift, carry or move up to 25 pounds
4. Minimal requirement to reach at or above shoulder level; occasional reaching below shoulder level required
5. Hand manipulation – equipment and controls, frequent; grasping and handling, occasional
Ability to travel occasionally
Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include night and weekends.
Ability to tolerate prolonged sitting and/or standing
9. Mobility includes regular sitting, some standing and walking.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document describes the position as it is currently available and is not a contract. The Diocese retains the right to change modify the position description at any time.
Camp Fatima for Boys has an immediate opening for an experienced camp professional to serve as its Resident Director. This individual must be a skilled, faithful leader with strong relationship, communication, and management skills to oversee pre-camp planning, manage Camp Fatima’s day to day operations over the summer, and advance its mission of creating a community where campers and staff grow in faith, confidence, and friendship. The Resident Director is responsible for all operations, programming, parent communications, staff recruitment and retention, and more for Camp Fatima’s summer sessions and its Special Needs Week. The Resident Director will have the opportunity to make a formative impact on the lives of everyone at Camp Fatima. Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to Rachel DesRuisseaux, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to 32 Fatima Road Gilmanton Iron Works, NH 03837.
see job description
see job description
Company: Camp Fatima for Boys
Location: Gilmanton Iron Works, NH
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: Director
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: Not Specified
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com