November 15, 2023
Website Becket Chimney Corners YMCA
Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA seeks a Payroll/Accounting Specialist to join its year round staff. The Payroll/Accounting Specialist is primarily responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll and administering benefits for a small year-round team and summer seasonal staff of up to 400 employees. As the systems administrator for our Human Resources Information System(ADP), the position collaborates with others to drive the employee life cycle experience as it relates to recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and offboarding. As a member of the finance team, you would administer corporate credit card program and assist with accounts payable and petty cash management. The successful candidate must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality, be exceptionally detail-oriented and enjoy working with others in a collaborative environment.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll. Serves as ADP HRIS system administrator for recruitment, onboarding, and payroll modules.
- Maintains and updates employee information in Payroll System database and vendor databases.
- Maintains payroll and related records in accordance with federal, state, and municipal regulations
- Works with registrars and program staff to on- board new and re-hires into the ADP Recruiting/WorkForceNow payroll systems and Ultracamp database
- Tracks and runs all criminal background checks
- Assists with staff check-ins; collecting and processing paperwork, updating systems and/or BCCYMCA website as needed
- Maintains accurate employee benefit records including new enrollments and family and employment status changes.
- Maintains employee records of sick leave (if applicable), length of service, retirement status, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) records, time off with pay records and miscellaneous other records.
- Works closely with a variety of vendors to support plan administration (e.g. YRetirement and YBenefits).
- Processes monthly benefits plan funding, billing, benefits accounting, and reconciliation.
- Ensures compliance in administering federal programs such as ACA, HIPAA and COBRA
- Creates reports for finance and HR department as needed.
- Prepares journal entries and records expenses to the general ledger.
- Administers corporate credit card program and records transactions in general ledger.
- Assists with management of petty cash and accounts payable as needed.
- Responds to notifications related to unemployment accounts and unemployment claims.
- Responsible for year-end payroll and general ledger reconciliations.
Up to 40 hours per week – hours and schedule to be determined based on employee and organizational need
Onsite with consideration for flexible hours and some remote work during non-program months
Competitive Pay: $25.00- $27.00 per hour commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off: 24 PTO days that increase with tenure, 4 paid holidays, and 6 paid sick days
- Medical and Dental insurance with generous company contribution
- 403b retirement plan with employer contribution of 12% after eligibility requirements are met
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Life Insurance, with voluntary employee paid life insurance available
- Employer paid Long Term Disability, with voluntary employee paid Short Term Disability insurance available
- Camp provided for your school-aged children
- Professional development and opportunities for participation in the YMCA movement
What makes Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA unique?
Mission: Helping youth discover their potential through life-changing experience and relationships.
Values: We believe that everyone deserves opportunities to explore, learn, and grow in a supportive environment driven by community, commitment, belonging and compassion.
We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where campers, participants, families and staff can discover their authentic selves. Through leadership, strategic planning, recruitment, training and program development, we strive to be inclusive in our practices and promote equity and opportunity for all individuals. We respect, affirm, and protect the dignity and worth of every member of our community.
Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA is an equal opportunity workplace and Employer of Choice.
We believe our strength lies in embracing our differences through a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative environment.
- Two to three years’ experience processing payroll required.
- Bookkeeping mindset with demonstrated proficiency in using Excel, Google, and accounting software.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, and organizational skills.
- Technical ability to effectively utilize ADP Human Resources Information System including running various tasks to complete accurate scheduled payroll and reporting, updating benefit plan information and monitoring accuracy.
- Ability to be confident and interact in a positive manner with diverse population.
- Ability to keep a steady work schedule with regular, predictable attendance to ensure steady work flow and minimal disruption to department schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and professional interaction, including working with vendors and third party administrators.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under general supervision.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all information and meeting rigid deadlines
- Have reliable ability to travel to and from work
Company: Becket Chimney Corners YMCA
Location: Becket, MA
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Year Round
Type of Position: Administrative
Day or Night: Day
Salary: $$25.00 - $27.00 per hour
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.