March 8, 2023
Website Hulbert Outdoor Center
- Position Summary
The Aloha Foundation is seeking several Assistant Chefs for our fall/winter/spring Hulbert Outdoor Center programming season from August to June. The kitchen is run by the Dining Services Manager and Head Chef, with 5-6 Kitchen Assistants.
This is an ideal position for a culinary student or other young professional who is considering a career in hospitality, nutrition, or food service. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team, preparing quality meals in a positive, friendly environment.
- Assist in the daily operations of food service, including food preparation, cooking, and managing family-style food service.
- Assist in routine sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment, including dishwashing and sweeping, mopping, and cleaning the kitchen and dining hall.
- Assist in the preparation and packaging of food for use outside the dining hall.
- Assist in receiving orders from food suppliers.
- Prioritize food safety and allergen safety.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Chef and/or Directors.
Requirements – Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities
- Cooking experience: 1 year preferred ~ willing to train.
- Experience with food preparation, including cooking and plating meals.
- The ability to carry out tasks quickly and competently.
- The ability to arrive to work punctually and to work a full shift.
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet the job requirements.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds unassisted, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds. Stand, sit, bend, and walk for extended periods of time.
This is a seasonal contract. Per hour: $21.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 8-hour shifts
- 10-hour shifts
About the Aloha Foundation
The Aloha Foundation is a Vermont-based non-profit organization that provides summer camps, family camps and education programs emphasizing simplicity, the outdoors and living in community. Our programs serve a range of campers and participants from children to older adults, individuals, groups, and families.
Please apply online: https://alohafoundation.org/employment/#application
The Aloha Foundation is a Vermont-based non-profit organization that provides summer camps, family camps and education programs emphasizing simplicity, the outdoors and living in community. Our programs serve a range of campers and participants from children to older adults, individuals, groups, and families. Aloha Foundation is an inclusive organization that welcomes people from all backgrounds. It does not discriminate in employment or in its programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, place of birth, ancestry, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, service in the armed forces of the United States, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. The mission of the Aloha Foundation is to inspire people of all ages to learn, explore, grow, and become their best selves.
See description above
See description above
Company: Hulbert Outdoor Center
Location: Fairlee, VT
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Seasonal
Type of Position: Kitchen Staff
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: $$21 per hour
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
To apply for this job please visit alohafoundation.org.