Chief Advancement Officer
October 10, 2023
Website Aloha Foundation
About The Aloha Foundation
The Aloha Foundation is a Vermont-based non-profit organization that provides summer camps, family camps, and year-round education programs emphasizing simplicity, nature, and community. Programs serve a range of campers and participants, from children to older adults, individuals, groups, and families. The Foundation focuses on creating community by embracing simplicity and putting a value on meaningful face-to-face connections. The Foundation has an annual revenue of $10 million and net assets over $40 million.
The Aloha Foundation seeks a strategic, collaborative, proven leader, and relationship builder to serve as its Chief Advancement Officer (CAO). Reporting to the Executive Director, the CAO is responsible for development, marketing, communications, and alumni engagement strategies and results across the Foundation. This person will work with Finance colleagues to forecast and report on goals. They will be a spokesperson for the Aloha Foundation, as well as the outward face of all advancement efforts. The CAO is a key member of the Foundation senior leadership team.
· Define short- and long-term strategic development and marketing goals to support the overarching vision and goals of the Aloha Foundation. Build and deploy a roadmap to achieve these goals.
· Continue building a culture of philanthropy across the organization. Educate staff, the Board of Trustees, and other stakeholders about industry trends and best practices.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
· Establish fundraising strategies and goals in collaboration with the Executive Director.
· Oversee execution of strategies, monitor overall progress toward goals, and address any unanticipated shortfalls.
· Manage an active portfolio of approximately 100 major gift donors and prospects, engaging in all aspects of the gift cycle: identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship.
· Action oriented and able to execute day-to-day activities and current in-process strategies.
· Maintain and expand our donor pool, identifying new donor prospects. Oversee the maintenance of clean, up-to-date donor and prospect records.
· Provide direction in developing a strategic marketing and public relations program to promote the Aloha Foundation’s work, impact, and value.
· Oversee the development of a strategic and meaningful Alumni engagement program.
· Manage advancement staff to implement initiatives, developing support through comprehensive campaigns, major gifts, annual fund, foundation grants, endowment, legacy gifts, and some miscellaneous sources. Train, nurture, and evaluate team to align with strategy.
· Build relationships with colleagues, Trustees, major donors, prospects, and community members.
· Attend all Board of Trustees meetings and Advancement Committee meetings. Prepare various reports for review and presentation at Board and Committee meetings.
Interested candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all interest in this exciting opportunity, only candidates most closely aligned with our search will be contacted.
Education and Experience Requirements · 10+ years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, fundraising, public relations or communications, marketing, or related field. · At least 5 years as an accomplished front-line major gift fundraiser who has hands-on experience with six- and seven-figure gifts (preferably in a complex non-profit organization with a budget of at least $8 million). · Experience managing comprehensive campaigns. · Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience, graduate degree in a related field preferred. · Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and lead organizational marketing and communication strategies. · Proven analytical and data driven decision making abilities. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. · Must possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a strong work ethic. Highly self-motivated team player with a positive attitude. · Availability to travel about 25% of the time (or one week per month) for donor meetings and events, including some weekends and evenings. Travel is within the United States. · Availability to attend specific events and meetings in Fairlee, VT (these will include 4 Board meetings a year, select Senior Leadership Team meetings, Camp Opening Day, July Visiting weekend, reunion events, etc.) · Technology and analytics savvy with advanced knowledge of dashboarding and reporting software, preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge. Working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
Company: Aloha Foundation
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Year Round
Type of Position: Administrative
Day or Night:
Salary: Not Specified
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com