Accounts Payable Staff Accountant – Aloha Foundation
November 8, 2022
Website Aloha Foundation
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounts Payable Staff Accountant is responsible for all duties related to Accounts Payable, revenue journal entries, and related monthly account reconciliations. This position requires a strong attention to detail, an outgoing demeanor with the desire to work as a team to accomplish goals, and strong computer skills with the ability to work in several databases at once. You must have a passion for improving processes.
- Process invoices for payment.
- Verify transactions and requisitions for goods and services comply with company policy.
- Match invoiced expenses with budget line items and code invoices with general ledger code. Attach all pertinent documentation and department approvals for the Chief Financial Officer to approve for payment.
- Enter invoices into the Accounts Payable system for payment.
- Maintain vendor database with correct addresses, payment terms, 1099 status, etc.
- Ensure invoices are paid on time and maximize available discounts.
- Reconcile invoices with monthly statements.
- Prepare vendor payments.
- Process accounts payable backup reports.
- Maintain files for Form 1099 filings, vendor W9 forms, and vendor certificates of insurance.
- Process 1099s at year-end.
- Maintain Capital Projects records.
- Maintain files of paid invoices.
- Answer vendor inquires.
- Provide local vendors with seasonal authorized personnel lists.
- Reconcile general ledger Accounts Payable accounts.
- Work closely with development staff and registrars of the camps and outdoor center to ensure the proper recording of funds received and recognition of revenue.
- Research the allocation of all incoming payments received through all sources – wires, ACHs, checks and cash.
- Accept client payments over the telephone.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Post check deposits electronically to banking institution.
- Process rooms and meals tax return for payment to the state.
- Reconcile general ledger to CircuiTree database monthly for accounts receivable, registration deposits, tuition income, taxable and nontaxable facility rental income, and other camp and facility related revenue and expenses.
- Reconcile store accounts and petty cash monthly.
- Reconcile gift income to Raisers Edge database monthly.
- Work with registrars to follow up on outstanding Accounts Receivable accounts.
- Submit write-off recommendations to the Chief Financial Officer for approval.
- Purchase and maintain seasonal store inventory.
- Set prices for seasonal store inventory.
- Prepare camper orders and coordinate with registrars to bill camper accounts.
- Other duties or projects as needed.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, and resume as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Aloha Foundation is a Vermont-based non-profit organization that provides summer camps, family camps and education programs emphasizing simplicity, the outdoors and living in community. Our programs serve a range of campers and participants from children to older adults, individuals, groups, and families.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
- 3+ years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Experience with ACH payments a plus
- Excellent customer and telephone skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience with Financial Edge and/or Raisers Edge a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Able to handle multiple tasks while meeting various deadlines
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must be able to work in a team environment or solo on projects
- This position is based on-site in Fairlee, VT.
Company: Aloha Foundation
Location: Fairlee, VT
ACA Accredited: Yes
Time Frame: Year Round
Type of Position: Administrative
Day or Night: Overnight
Salary: $Salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: 12/31/22
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com