Accreditation Update: AAR and SOC
December 3, 2020
Hello New England Camps!
I hope you are enjoying the fall. Winter will be here before we know it, and I hope you’ve been able to enjoy some of the more mild weather we have had recently.
The following is an email from the ACA National Office letting you know that the Annual Accreditation Report (AAR) is live. You will fill it out through the Accreditation Portal as you did last year.
Reports need to be submitted by February 1, 2021.
I know you might be unsure what your summer will look like. Please fill out the report to the best of your knowledge. We do know that some things might change as we get closer to summer, and we know that last summer was not a traditional summer either. Please let me know as questions come up.
If you are unsure of your log in, please let me know.
If you have not yet received your copy of the 2019 Accreditation Process Guide, please let us know where to send the copy for your camp. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ACAAPG20
If you have any questions, please reach out. We are happy to help.
Elizabeth J. Snell
Director of Accreditation Services
American Camp Association, New England
Message from our friends at the National ACA Office
All currently accredited camps not scheduled for an on-site visit in 2021 must submit the 2021 Annual Accreditation Report (AAR) to maintain ACA accreditation. This annual report focuses on continuous compliance with the standards, emphasizing ongoing improvement throughout the accreditation cycle.
You are receiving this email because you are currently listed as the primary or standards contact for your camp. If this is no longer accurate, please contact the New England office and we will be happy to update the information. Please note the following:
- Please review the AAR information page before you begin, even if you completed the AAR in the past.
- By February 1, 2021, complete and submit the AAR through the Annual Accreditation Report Portal. We estimate that the report will take 1–2 hours to complete.
- It is the camp’s responsibility to save AAR responses and reviewer feedback to the annual questions. You can print a copy of your report including both your answers and your reviewers’ feedback and comments after you receive an email confirming that your AAR is now complete. ACA will not maintain AAR responses or feedback past June 1.
- TheStatement of Compliance is the annual attestation by the camp’s legal representative confirming compliance with accreditation criteria. It is signed by February 1 in visit and non-visit years. This statement can be signed simultaneously when the AAR is submitted or independently within the Accreditation Portal.
- The Annual Accreditation Report AND the Statement of Compliance are requirements to maintain accreditation; additionally, fees must be current for access. ACA will remove accreditation for failure to submit these three requirements.
Thank you for choosing to be an ACA-accredited camp and for your prompt attention to completing the AAR. If you have questions or need assistance at any time, please reach out.