Standards and Accreditation News
My last Accreditation visit was in 2015, with the move to a 5 year cycle, when is my next site visit going to be scheduled?
This has been a very common question the past few weeks!
All camps that were scheduled for a site visit during summer 2018 have been contacted to verify the year of your next site visit. If you are due for an Accreditation Site Visit in 2018 and did not receive word as to the date of your next visit, please contact Elizabeth.
As we have been mentioning through this whole process, the move to put all camps on a 5 year accreditation cycle will take about 5 years. A little over 1/2 of the camps in New England have moved to the 5 year cycle so far. By 2020 all existing camps will be moved to the 5 year accreditation cycle.
Our camp needs to complete an AAR. When can I start that process?
The link to complete the report will go live December 1. The following are some key reminders about the report.
- The individual who completes the Annual Accreditation Report must view a brief training video before completing the report. As we will be using different technology for the 2018 report, this step is critical. PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THIS REPORT PRIOR TO DECEMBER 1, 2017!
- The training video and instructions will be available the week after Thanksgiving 2017.
- The Annual Accreditation Report will be available for completion online from December 1, 2017, through February 15, 2018. The report must be completed by February 15.
- The completed report will be reviewed by a trained reviewer by March 15, 2018.
- We anticipate that the report will take you approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete. The questions will focus on the structure of the camp program and how the camp complies with specific ACA standards.
- We will send you additional information by late November, including instructions for how to access the training video and complete the report.
If you received you an accreditation visit in 2017, official letters will be mailed out next week. There was a slight delay getting them to the New England office and we are working to turn them around as quickly as possible to get them to you. If you need a copy of the letter sooner (i.e. - for your board meeting) please let Elizabeth know and she can send you a copy digitally.
Are you being visited this summer? All camps are required to attend a Standards Course, or Standards Update Course. The schedule of courses for the 2017-2018 is NOW available on our Professional Calendar! More courses are being added daily.
Have you ever thought of becoming a Visitor?
This is your chance! ACA New England’s next visitor course will be held this fall. More details to be posted on the professional calendar in upcoming weeks.