Get Involved with ACA New England
ACA New England relies heavily on the support of its volunteers. We appreciate your interest in volunteering with us. We have opportunities for everyone, no matter how much time you have to give. Please consider donating your time to better the camp community we all love.
Do you have an hour a week?
Volunteer as a mentor to new camps.
- Contact Elizabeth Snell
Do you have several days each month?
Contact Bud Copeland to learn about possible volunteer opportunities on the following Committees.
- The Professional Development and Education Committee
- The Membership Committee works on recruitment and retention of members and camps, and promotes general awareness of membership benefits.
- The Standards & Accreditation Committee oversees the ACA accreditation program in New England.
- The Conference Committee is responsible for the overall planning of our annual Conference.
- The Camp Champion Committee plans our annual Camp Champions Celebration to benefit the ACA New England Campership Program.
Do you have the desire to see new camps and help educate other ACA members?
We are always looking for new ACA Standards Visitors. Attend a training in the fall or spring to become an Accreditation Visitor.
- Visit our Accreditation page for more information
Are you looking for a great way to meet others, but only have limited time to volunteer? Volunteer at an event!
Volunteer at our annual Conference! You can be a room host, stuff bags, volunteer at registration, and more!
- Contact Bud Copeland
Are you looking for short term volunteer opportunities?
Contact Elizabeth Snell about any of the following.
- Become a Retention Adjunct Volunteer. Assist in reaching out to our current membership. Time commitment of no more than one year.
- Become a New Member Ambassador. Assist in making connections with new members. Help new members get the most out of their ACA membership. Short term commitment (about 6 months).
- Become a Camp Mentor. You will be assigned to work with a camp in preparation for their ACA Accreditation Visit. Time commitment of one year.