This spring ACA New England and ACA accredited camps throughout New England are offering over 100 educational opportunities and professional trainings to get your staff ready for summer camp!! We've highlighted some upcoming events below but check out our Professional Calendar and the Training & Certification page for the latest info on opportunities happening near you!
ACA Standards Course:
Your last chance to take a Standards Course before camp is on May 10th! There is no cost for this training but you must preregister by clicking here.
New Camp Directors Workshop:
The New Camp Directors' Workshop is "Boot Camp" for new camp directors or those planning a camp career. In a small, supportive atmosphere, you’ll get the tools you’ll need for running a successful day or resident camp.More info and registration here.
Super Staff Day
Join ACA New England in our extraordinarily useful, incredibly innovative, amazingly inexpensive Super Staff Day! Featuring over 20 workshops by spectacular speakers, this mini-conference is specifically designed to address common and important issues relating to working at overnight or day camp this summer for both experienced and rookie staff.
When: Saturday June 7, 2014 from 8:00am to 3:30pm
Where: The Fenn School in Concord, MA.
Cost: $30 for staff of ACA Accredited camps; $45 for staff of non-Accredited camps
Group discounts available (Every 5th person is free)
Accredited camp groups: 5/$120, 10/$270, 15/$360 20/$480
Non-accredited camp groups: 5/$180, 10/$360, 15/$540, 20/$720
Featured Speaker: Steve Maguire
Summer Training Day:
Are you planning on sending your staff to Super Staff Day? Take advantage of these other certifications happening at the Fenn School the two days after Super Staff Day, Sunday & Monday, June 8th & 9th. Register here.
- Lifeguard Recertification,
- Sunday June 8, 2014, 3:00 - 6:00 pm (ACA Office in Lexington, Ma)
- Monday June 9, 2014 9:00am – 5:00 pm (Fenn School, Concord, Ma)
- This course is for lifeguards to renew their certification. The course will review the material before participant is tested, but not go into great detail. Must have proof of current American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification. Must also be able to complete at Precourse swim test – 300 yd swim, tread water without hands and 10 pound brick retrieval.
- Cost: $175 member / $200 non-member *Cost does not include cost of books. Books can be downloaded for free or purchased through the Red Cross. *
- Bicycle Basics
- Monday June 9, 2014 9am – 3pm (Fenn School, Concord, Ma)
- This course is ideal for any staff member who will be working with a bike program at camp. Course will cover basic repairs, safety concerns, maintenance, up keep, tips for leading groups rides and even include a bike ride. The course will also cover ACA Standards in the PD section.
- Cost: $50 member / $65 non-member
- *Participants should bring the bike they will be riding at camp AND a helmet*