Classification: Full Time
Responsible to: Director of Membership and Engagement
General Function: Responsible for assisting the director with communications, marketing, social media and website. Articulates ACA New England’s mission and vision; advances our key messages, and promotes our brand to internal and external constituents including Members, ACA Accredited camps, all New England camp professionals, supporters, partners, donors and funders.
- Create, manage and monitor ACA New England’s social media presence
- Create, maintain, update and curate content for website
- Create and execute at-event communication through live-tweeting, electronic signage and other methods of real-time communication
- Work with the Director of Membership and Engagement to develop and implement an annual communications and marketing plan, which includes traditional, digital and social media strategies
- Design and develop creative, engaging and visually appealing content for electronic and print communications that build and maintain branding consistency
- Track media coverage and research trends to inform proactive stories about ACA New England, our Members and ACA accredited camps and other camps in the region
- Research, collect data and report statistics on our website, social media, email and other communications
- Initiate, create and manage advertising campaigns and assist with marketing efforts.
- Oversee and edit photography collection
Required Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Graphic design skills and experience
- Prior social media experience on the following platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite; familiarity with Canva preferred
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign; familiarity with Spark preferred.
- Experience with website Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress or Drupal
- Experience in use of print, electronic and other media for brand promotion
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a commitment to quality and accuracy
- Proficient on PC Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally over the phone, in writing, and interpersonally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Fluid written and spoken English
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Daily use of computer, telephone, and other electronic equipment such as copier, scanner, and printer
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel occasionally throughout New England
- Some bending and lifting or moving up to 10 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of team members in this position. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this position description restricts ACA New England’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this position at any time.