JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of Director of Parks & Recreation, the Youth Tennis Instructor is responsible for planning, designing and instructing Tennis Lessons for the Merrimack community.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the Parks & Recreation Director
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Develop, plan and lead the Tennis Lesson Program
• Develop different projects that will fit into allotted time period
• Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory, storing, and keeping equipment in good condition.
• Assist in teaching staff their responsibilities in activity during staff training
• Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
• Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed
• Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
• Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of the season
• Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season
• Other duties may be assigned and required .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Enthusiastic teacher with demonstrated knowledge of tennis
• Ability to create lesson plans for a wide age range of children
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
• Good character, integrity, and adaptability
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
• Abilities to observe behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
• Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
• Ability to work with different age and skill levels.
Apply by: March 5 2019
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp / Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $9.00 - $11.56/hr
• Successful candidate must have at least 2 years of previous teaching experience.
• Current First Aid and CPR Certification or willing to obtain.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Tennis Pro Certification is preferred
• Certificate of Completion of a USTA Recreational Coaches Workshop advantageous.
• Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
Position is flexible in nature and can be full time or part time.