Position Summary: Under the guidance of the Branch Executive, the Youth Development Director oversees the management and overall development of the school age, early childhood education, child care, youth sports and camp programs. The Youth Development Director is responsible for planning, developing and maintaining programming and creating collaborations with peers, staff, the community and members in order to meet the needs of the program.
1. Plan, develop, implement and maintain all youth programming which includes; responsibility for health and safety of each program participant, keeping areas safe, clean and orderly, maintaining records and statistics dealing with each program and enforce safely regulations and emergency procedures.
2. Work with child care staff to develop and administer appropriate training plans for all members.
3. Provide supervision to staff and volunteers including interviewing, hiring and training, planning, assigning and directing work and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
4. Responsible for overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the departments including performing employee evaluations.
5. Be in compliance with YMCA Department of Health and Human Services licensing requirements where applicable.
6. Facilitate and review the curriculum standards.
7. Develop a Child Care Education Program to meet Accreditation standards requirements where applicable.
8. Communicate effectively in a timely manner with support services, Executive Director and other Program Directors to facilitate activities.
9. Manage accreditation standard compliance including tracking annual staff training and implementing age appropriate activities and curriculum for the program.
10. Adhere to association policy regarding fiscal compliance.
11. Actively pursue opportunities to generate income through appropriate mission driven consistent programs and activities.
12. Meet the association standard for attendance, punctuality and dependability; keeping in confidence matters related to office or personnel; and, exercises good judgment around areas of responsibility.
13. Attend and participate in YMCA of Southern Maine Program Team meetings.
14. Other duties as required.
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 Annual Salary
Apply by: May 1 2018
Camp/Organization: YMCA of Southern Maine
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 Annually
1. Effective interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Ability to effectively present information in a clear, understandable language in a group or one-on-one situation and communicate with employees, members, parents, children and school personnel.
4. Experience with budgeting process.
5. Self-motivated and possess ability to work independently and in a team environment.
6. Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
7. Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite or Mac equivalent.
8. Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and ability to travel locally.
Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field and 5 years management experience.
Benefits Cost shared premium with Health, dental. Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance, when eligible 7% employer contribution toward Retirement plan, generous Paid Time Off accrual, Family YMCA membership, casual work environment with a culture focused on relationship building and our mission.
70 Forest Ave
Portland, Maine 04101