YMCA of Southern Maine Description YMCA of Southern Maine Casco Bay Branch is seeking a Youth Development Coordinator to join our team.
We are seeking a person who treats everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner; embraces differences among people; demonstrates an active willingness to learn and grow; and works cooperatively as a team member.
Our Cause:The Y is a powerful association of men, women, and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community.
With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow, and thrive. Anchored in more than 10,000 neighborhoods around the country, the Y has the long-standing relationships and physical present to not just promise, but deliver, lasting personal and social change.
In today’s uncertain times, one thing remains certain – the Y is, and always will be, the builder of healthy, confident, connected, and secure children, families, and communities.
We are the strongest when we promise to make sure everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive at the Y. We accomplish that when we value the diversity of everyone’s personal beliefs, respect the rights to those beliefs, and we expect all to honor our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility with one another. Everything we do stems from that expectation.
Partnering and under the direction of the Youth Development Director, the Youth Development Coordinator will be responsible for assuring compliance with the day to day operations of all assigned Youth programs at their branch. This will include a combination, but not all of the following programs area to meet the branch’s specific needs: Prime Time, Summer/Vacation Day Camps, School Age Childcare, Early Learning Readiness Programs, Youth Enrichment & Sports Classes, etc... This includes scheduling, program development, oversight of frontline program; as well as maintaining state, HEPA and applicable accreditation standards and staff.
Partnering with the Youth Development Director
1. Plan, develop, implement, and maintain assigned Youth Programs that includes:
• Responsibility for the health and safety of each participant.
• Maintaining records and statistics dealing with each program.
• Enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures.
• Be in compliance with YMCA, HEPA, Health Department and applicable Accreditation Standards.
2. Provide supervision to staff and volunteers including:
• Interviewing, hiring, terminating and training employees.
• Planning, assigning and directing work.
• Performance appraisals.
• Rewarding and disciplining employees.
• Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
3. Oversee the coordination of Y activities and special events as assigned by the Youth Development Director.
4. Support Youth Development staff as needed including but not limited to program coverage and assuming the role and responsibility of the lead staff person.
5. Assist in developing the budget and adhering to company policy regarding fiscal compliance.
6. Facilitate and review assigned HEPA, Health Department and applicable Accreditation Standards.
7. Actively participate in the Y’s Annual Campaign.
8. Complete all work within assigned deadlines thoroughly and satisfactorily.
9. Communicate effectively in a timely manner with support services, Branch Executive and other Program Coordinators to facilitate activities.
10. Other duties as required.
Apply by: April 15 2018
Camp/Organization: YMCA of Southern Maine
Location: Freeport, Maine
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
•CPR and First Aid Certification (within 3 months of hire).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to effectively communicate in person and on the phone with all levels of employees, members, parents, children and school personnel.
• Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
• Ability to work independently as well as within teams.
• Attention to detail with excellent organizational and decision making skills.
• Extremely reliable, dependable, and punctual.
• Ability to take initiative and be self- motivated.
• Possess a valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel locally.
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Recreation or related field is preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role within a youth setting.
Benefits Cost shared premium with Health, dental. Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance, when eligible 7% employer contribution toward Retirement plan, generous Paid Time Off accrual, Family YMCA membership, casual work environment with a culture focused on relationship building and our mission.