YMCA of Southern Maine Northern York County Branch is seeking a Youth Development Coordinator to join our team. Partnering and under the direction of the Youth Development Director, the Youth Development Coordinator will be responsible for assuring compliance with the day to day operations of the Youth programs including School Age Childcare, School Age Vacation Camps and Summer Day Camp. This includes scheduling, program development, maintaining accreditation/licensing standards and overseeing the Youth Development Staff. Duties include but are not limited to planning, developing and implementing all youth camp programming, providing supervision to staff and volunteers, overseeing the coordination of Y activities and special events, supporting and overseeing programs as needed, assisting in developing the budget and participating in the Y's annual campaign. We are seeking a person who treats everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner; embraces differences among people; demonstrates an active willingness to learn and grow; and works cooperatively as a team member.
Our Cause: The Y is a powerful association of men, women, and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community. With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow, and thrive. Anchored in more than 10,000 neighborhoods around the country, the Y has the long-standing relationships and physical present to not just promise, but deliver, lasting personal and social change. In today’s uncertain times, one thing remains certain – the Y is, and always will be, the builder of healthy, confident, connected, and secure children, families, and communities.
Our Promise: We are the strongest when we promise to make sure everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive at the Y. We accomplish that when we value the diversity of everyone’s personal beliefs, respect the rights to those beliefs, and we expect all to honor our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility with one another everything we do stems from that expectation
Apply by: December 26 2017
Camp/Organization: YMCA of Southern Maine
Location: New Gloucester, ME
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and on the phone with all levels of employees, members, parents, children and school personnel.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
- Ability to work independently as well as within teams.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred but not required.
- Extremely reliable, dependable, and punctual.
- Ability to take initiative and be self- motivated.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel locally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Recreation or related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role within a youth setting
- CPR and First Aid Certification (within 3 months of hire)
Benefits --- Cost shared premium health and dental insurance; Employer paid short term and long term disability and life insurance; Healthy Living Benefit, retirement plan with 7% match; generous paid time off accrual; Six paid holidays; Five Floating Holidays, YMCA family membership. To Apply: Please submit an application through the link below.
70 Forest Ave.
Portland, Maine 04101