If you love working with children, are hard working, a team player and have a desire to constantly learn and grow, both personally and professionally, this is the place for you! Working as part of our organization, consistently ranked in the top 5 Camps in MA, you will positively impact the lives of children and adults and become part of our wonderful camp community. Our positions are a perfect fit for teachers, educators and students who aspire to be them one day! We also need Bus Counselors from many towns (see list below) from all over MA and RI, so even if you don't live near Sharon you can easily work here.
The Yoga Counselor will be able to provide yoga instruction to boys and girls, aged from 4-15 and develop age appropriate curriculum that keeps campers engaged and enhances their skills. You will be responsible for running 45 minute activity periods for groups of up to 15 children at a time, assisted by 1 or 2 of their counselors. The Yoga Counselor position is perfectly suited to a student or teacher (or similar) who has some yoga experience and/or training.
DATES, HOURS AND PAY
- A work day of 9:00am to 3:30pm, Mon-Fri (this includes a 30 minute break per day).
- Dates of Camp are from June 26th to August 25th (9 weeks, preferred) or August 18th (8 weeks). Staff training in late May and throughout June are also required (on evenings and weekends).
- Salary range is $2300+ for nine weeks, plus two visiting nights and all staff training.
There are also multiple opportunities to make extra money for the summer, in addition to your salary! Assisting with Arrival (8:30-9am) and Departure (3:30-4:00 pm) will make you up to $352! Being a Bus Counselor will make you up to $440 (and also save a ton of gas money)! Working our "Extended Day" before or after regular work hours (7-8:30am or 4-6pm) will make an extra $500 to $700!
*We are looking for bus counselors from all over MA and RI, including: Attleboro, Brookline, Canton, Chestnut Hill, Franklin, Mansfield, Medfield, Milton, Natick, Newton, Needham, Norfolk, North Easton, Providence, Randolph, Sharon, Somerville, Walpole, Wellesley, West Roxbury, Westwood.
**Housing is not provided. Staff must live locally.**
Apply by: April 22 2017
Camp/Organization: Everwood Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Sharon, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- The knowledge and ability to explain and demonstrate yoga fundamentals and techniques to children ages 4-15.
- 19+ years of age.
- An enthusiastic, motivated, warm, friendly, caring individual.
- The ability to communicate, with patience and clarity, with children and co-workers.
- Experience working with children
- Experience teaching yoga
- Yoga instructor certification
Everwood Day Camp is an outdoor focused summer camp featuring many physically demanding activities on land and water. Staff members are regularly required to walk, hike and otherwise move in woods, fields, beaches, and lakes. In order to perform the job, each staff member of Everwood Day Camp must be physically able to travel around a large rural environment (fields, woods, beach, etc.) over uneven ground on a regular basis. Everwood Day Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
125 Lakeview Street
Sharon, Massachusetts 02067