School Bus Driver/Maintenance
Brimmer and May seeks a full-time, experienced school bus driver with knowledge of basic school maintenance.
Preference will be given to those candidates who have a current CDL license with passenger and school bus endorsements, but consideration will be given to those willing to undergo training to earn said license.
Apply by: March 14 2020
Camp/Organization: Brimmer and May Summer Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Chestnut Hill, MA
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Brimmer and May’s school buses on field trips, morning and afternoon school bus runs, and to and from sporting practices and events.
- Ensure that the School’s physical property is cleaned and maintained, assist with snow removal and tend to debris and/or physical damage caused by weather, as determined by the Director.
- Oversee and perform seasonal tasks and special projects, such as lawn maintenance and seasonal décor, as determined by the Director.
- Maintain all buildings and facilities in good repair, including the plumbing, electrical, drainage, heating, sprinkler, and water systems, as determined by the Director.
- Report to the Manager regarding facilities and grounds issues.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all safety standards, whether established by the government, the School, or other appropriate sources.
Qualifications and Skills General Competencies:
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures and rules contained in the School Employee Handbook.
- Leadership/Integrity: effectively communicates the School’s shared purpose.
- Team player who understands the big picture and manages in a manner consistent with the School’s agenda.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Meets deadlines, is organized and able to multi-task.
- Is receptive to constructive feedback.
Knowledge and Skill Set Requirements:
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques.
- Ability to foster teamwork and cooperation.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to interact cordially and professionally with students, parents, faculty, staff, and school leaders.
- Successful completion of criminal offender record information and sexual offender registry information checks.
- Subject to random drug testing.
- Excellent physical condition.
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate, maneuver, and control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or material used in performing essential functions of the role.
- Ability to drive and obtain a CDL driver’s license.
Please contact Bob Rooney at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume.