The Wood Shop Director shall be responsible for the following:
- Pre-camp review of previous reports on wood shop operations.
- Recommend purchases for the wood shop program.
- Implementing a progressive woodworking program plan that permits individuals to set goals, complete projects, and acquire skills.
- To prepare, at the end of the season, a written report of the wood shop program indicating achievements by participants, recommendations for the following year, and staff evaluation.
- To share with other members of the camp program staff in planning, conducting, and evaluating overall camp program operations and to participate in camp life to the extent of time and interest.
- To occasionally cover cabin groups in the evening when the cabin staff are off-duty.
- Supervision and management of counseling staff as wood shop instructors.
The Construction Foreman shall work with the Program Director/Property Director in facilitating the construction program with responsibility for specific projects to be designated. Specific duties include:
- To work with the Program Director/Property Director to plan and implement a safe and successful construction program.
- To maintain a safe worksite and ensure that safety equipment is worn at all times (hardhats, safety glasses, long pants, and closed toed shoes).
- To work in a supportive manner with committees of any special/all-camp programs.
- To support Program Staff on Opening/Closing Days.
- To serve as consultant to Program Staff and Village Directors in areas of expertise.
- To serve as a positive role model for the entire camp community.
- To help out in other areas of camp as needed.
Apply by: April 14 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Becket YMCA (ACA Accredited)
Location: Becket, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Based on our housing limitations we are looking for male staff 21+, with experience in wood working or construction.