Make a difference while enjoying the summer of a lifetime!
Spend your summer in a dynamic environment with incredible colleagues and inspirational youth! If you're interested in pursuing a career in experiential/outdoor education, child development, teaching, social work, or psychology, this is the opportunity for you. Campers come from low-income households and range in age from 13 to 16 years old.
Crossroads is looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals who want to spend the summer of 2019 making a life-changing impact on young people from under-resourced communities.
Crossroads Trek Leaders are responsible for the outdoor education of our C5 Leaders based out of Camp Lapham in Ashby MA. Trek Leaders plan and facilitate multi-day backpacking trips including teaching camping, cooking and orienteering skills, and philosophies such as Leave No Trace. Responsibilities include gear management, meal and logistical planning, all while leading the development of campers and guiding them to achieve their goals and make positive choices.
Details & Qualifications:
- Room & Board are provided
- Staff are paid a stipend of $300 per week, plus a completion bonus of $200.
- Positions start on June 17th and complete on August 17th
- Valid Wilderness First Aid (WFA) or Wilderness First Responder (WFR) required
- Valid Lifeguard certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must be 21+ years old Visit crossroadsma.org/apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to apply!
Apply by: May 18 2019
Camp/Organization: Crossroads (ACA Accredited)
Location: Ashby, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Staff are paid a stipend of $300 per week, plus a completion bonus of $200. Room and board provided.