Lifeguards are responsible for safely managing the waterfront environment of the Summer Day Camp Program swim area as well as the Town Beach on Lake Naticook.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Position works under the Direction of the Waterfront Director and/or Assistant Waterfront Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
• Keep Waterfront Area clean and safe at all times
• Patrols swimming areas and monitors swimmers
• Performs rescue maneuvers, CPR, and First Aid as necessary.
• Transmits requests for emergency assistance when needed.
• Ensures that maximum safety precautions are practiced and rules and regulations are followed by all beach patrons.
• Communicate effectively to enforce safety regulations
• Must have considerable ability as a swimmer.
• Assumes responsibility for care of all equipment and supplies used in daily operations.
• Oversees that storage area is regularly kept clean, stocked, and organized.
• Reports to Waterfront Director when supplies are low or equipment is damaged.
• Performs related duties and on-the-job-training as specified by the Waterfront Director or as the situation dictates.
• Other duties may be assigned as required
Apply by: May 12 2019
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp / Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
College student or at least 16 years of age
•Hold current Lifeguard Certification from the American Red Cross, YMCA, Boy Scouts of America, Ellis and Associates or other national recognized certification.
•Hold current CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent Lifeguard / Waterfront First Aid
• Ability to relate to one’s peer group
• Ability to accept guidance and supervision
• Good character, integrity and adaptability
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control
• Ability to communicate and train staff and campers in safety regulations and emergency
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid
Interested candidates should complete the Town of Merrimack Application for Employment and mail or drop it off to the following address: Town of Merrimack Attn: Human Resources 6 Baboosic Lake Road Merrimack, NH 03054