The Merrimack Parks & Recreation Department is seeking Full Time & Part Time Lifeguards for the Summer 2015 Season. Full Time positions are 40 hours per week on Mondays - Fridays from 9:00 - 5:00 pm. Part Time positions are Saturdays & Sundays from 10:00 - 6:00 pm
Lifeguards are responsible for safely managing the waterfront environment of the Summer Day Camp Program swim area as well as the Town Beach on Lake Naticook.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Position works under the Direction of the Waterfront Director and/or Assistant Waterfront Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
• Keep Waterfront Area clean and safe at all times
• Patrols swimming areas and monitors swimmers
• Performs rescue maneuvers, CPR, and First Aid as necessary.
• Transmits requests for emergency assistance when needed.
• Ensures that maximum safety precautions are practiced and rules and regulations are followed by all beach patrons.
• Communicate effectively to enforce safety regulations
• Must have considerable ability as a swimmer.
• Assumes responsibility for care of all equipment and supplies used in daily operations.
• Oversees that storage area is regularly kept clean, stocked, and organized.
• Reports to Waterfront Director when supplies are low or equipment is damaged.
• Performs related duties and on-the-job-training as specified by the Waterfront Director or as the situation dictates.
• Other duties may be assigned as required
Apply by: March 27 2015
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation / Naticook Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Miscellaneous
Time Frame: Seasonal
College student or at least 16 years of age Current Certifications must include:
• CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent
• Lifeguard / Waterfront First Aid
• Lifeguard Certification from a nationally recognized program
Additional Preferred Certifications to include:
• CPR/AED for the professional Rescuer Instructor
• Lifeguarding / Waterfront Instructor
• Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
• Small Craft Safety
Position runs from Mid June - Mid August, 2015 For questions call Merrimack Parks & Recreation at 603-882-1046 or email us at email@example.com