The Merrimack Parks & Recreation Department is currently seeking an individual to serve as our Waterfront Director for the Naticook Day Camp Program during the summer 2018 season.
General Duties & Responsibilities
The Waterfront Director coordinates the various aspects of the seasonal waterfront operations including:
• organizing and conducting on-the-job-training for lifeguards, supervising and scheduling Lifeguards & Water Safety Instructors, and reporting maintenance and other needs at the waterfront.
• Performs rescue maneuvers, CPR, and First Aid as needed, and takes command during emergency situations.
• Ensures that maximum safety precautions are practiced and rules and regulations are followed by all waterfront patrons.
• Assumes responsibility for care of all equipment and supplies used in daily operations.
• Oversees that storage area is regularly kept clean, stocked and organized.
• Responsible for evaluating staff informally throughout the summer and formally at the end of the summer.
• The Waterfront Director reports to the Camp Director.
• Set up waterfront area during staff training
• Teach staff their responsibilities in activity during staff training
• Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
• Conduct daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair
• Write and check all lesson plans to make sure they foster participant’s water skills
• Keep records on all swimming participants; help them progress from beginner to advanced levels
• Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed, ensuring timely arrival of materials
• Assist in packing materials and supplies at end of season
• Assist with hiring of waterfront personnel
• Evaluate current season and make suggestions for following season
Waterfront Director works Mondays – Fridays from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (40 hours per week) between June 25th – August 17th with some additional preparation hours before the start of the season.
Apply by: May 15 2018
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp / Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $13.98 - $17.00 / hr
• At least 20 years of age
• Current American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer & First Aid Certifications
• Current Lifeguard Certification from the American Red Cross, YMCA or similar organization
• Demonstrated supervisory experience
• Ability to manage staff and handle discipline issues as they arise.
• Ability to effectively & diplomatically handle the general public
• Independent judgment & initiative required
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Instructor Certification - CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
• Instructor, American Red Cross Lifeguard
• Water Safety Instructor
• Small Craft Safety
How to Apply: Interested individuals should complete a Town of Merrimack Job Application and submit it along with a copy of their Lifeguard certification cards to: Town of Merrimack, Human Resources, 6 Baboosic Lake Road, Merrimack, NH 03054. Application can be found online by going to www.merrimacknh.gov/positionopenings or by stopping by Merrimack Town Hall. For questions, please contact Parks & Recreation Director Matt Casparius at 603-882-1046 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org