The Merrimack Parks & Recreation Department is currently seeking an individual to serve as our Waterfront Director for the Naticook Day Camp Program during the Summer 2015 Season.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Waterfront Director coordinates the various aspects of the seasonal waterfront operations including: organizing and conducting on-the-job-training for lifeguards, supervising and scheduling Lifeguards & Water Safety Instructors, and reporting maintenance and other needs at the waterfront.
- Performs rescue maneuvers, CPR, and First Aid as needed, and takes command during emergency situations.
- Ensures that maximum safety precautions are practiced and rules and regulations are followed by all waterfront patrons. Assumes responsibility for care of all equipment and supplies used in daily operations.
- Oversees that storage area is regularly kept clean, stocked and organized.
- Responsible for evaluating staff informally throughout the summer and formally at the end of the summer.
- The Waterfront Director works in conjunction with the Day Camp Director and reports to the Director of Parks & Recreation.
- HOURS: Waterfront Director works Mondays – Fridays from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (40 hours per week) between June 22nd – August 14th with some additional preparation hours before the start of the season.
Apply by: June 26 2015
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation / Naticook Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
- At least 21 years of age
- Current American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer & First Aid Certifications
- Current Lifeguard Certification from the American Red Cross, YMCA or similar organization
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Ability to manage staff and handle discipline issues as they arise.
- Ability to effectively & diplomatically handle the general public Independent judgment & initiative required
- Additional Preferred Qualifications: Instructor Certification - CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer Instructor, American Red Cross Lifeguard Water Safety Instructor Small Craft Safety
- Set up waterfront area during staff training
- Teach staff their responsibilities in activity during staff training
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
- Conduct daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair
- Write and check all lesson plans to make sure they foster participant’s water skills
- Keep records on all swimming participants; help them progress from beginner to advanced levels
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed, ensuring timely arrival of materials
- Assist in packing materials and supplies at end of season
- Assist with hiring of waterfront personnel
- Evaluate current season and make suggestions for following season
HOW TO APPLY: Interested individuals should complete a Town of Merrimack Job Application and submit it along with a copy of their Lifeguard certification cards to: Town of Merrimack, Human Resources, 6 Baboosic Lake Road, Merrimack, NH 03054. Application can be found online by going to www.merrimacknh.gov/positionopenings or by stopping by Merrimack Town Hall. For questions, please contact Parks & Recreation Director Matt Casparius at 603-882-1046 or by sending an email to: email@example.com