The Merrimack Parks & Recreation Department is currently seeking an individual to serve as our Waterfront Director for the Naticook Day Camp Program during the Summer 2017 Season.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
The Waterfront Director coordinates the various aspects of the seasonal waterfront operations including:
- Organizing and conducting on-the-job-training for lifeguards, supervising and scheduling Lifeguards & Water Safety Instructors, and reporting maintenance and other needs at the waterfront.
- Performs rescue maneuvers, CPR, and First Aid as needed, and takes command during emergency situations.
- Ensures that maximum safety precautions are practiced and rules and regulations are followed by all waterfront patrons.
- Assumes responsibility for care of all equipment and supplies used in daily operations.
- Oversees that storage area is regularly kept clean, stocked and organized.
- Responsible for evaluating staff informally throughout the summer and formally at the end of the summer.
The Waterfront Director works in conjunction with the Day Camp Director and the Director of Parks & Recreation.
- Set up waterfront area during staff training
- Teach staff their responsibilities in activity during staff training
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
- Conduct daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair
- Write and check all lesson plans to make sure they foster participant’s water skills
- Keep records on all swimming participants; help them progress from beginner to advanced levels
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed, ensuring timely arrival of materials
- Assist in packing materials and supplies at end of season
- Assist with hiring of waterfront personnel
- Evaluate current season and make suggestions for following season
Waterfront Director works Mondays – Fridays from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (40 hours per week) between June 26th – August 18th with some additional preparation hours before the start of the season.
Apply by: April 3 2017
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $13.98 - $20.00/hr
- At least 21 years of age
- Current American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer & First Aid Certifications
- Current Lifeguard Certification from the American Red Cross, YMCA or similar organization
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Ability to manage staff and handle discipline issues as they arise.
- Ability to effectively & diplomatically handle the general public
- Independent judgment & initiative required
- Additional Preferred
- Instructor Certification - CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Instructor, American Red Cross Lifeguard
- Water Safety Instructor
- Small Craft Safety
Please visit http://www.merrimacknh.gov/positionopenings or the Town of Merrimack Human Resource Office located at 6 Baboosic Lake Road, Merrimack, NH, 03054 to view a complete job description and to obtain a Town application. To apply, submit your Town application and a copy of your certification cards to the above address. No email please. Position is open until filled. EOE For questions about the position, please contact Parks & Recreation Director Matt Casparius at 603-882-1046. Position is open until filled