- Working as Camp's Waterfront Director, you will oversee an instructional, age appropriate program of swim instruction boys and girls, aged from 4 to 14 (Monday to Friday). You will be responsible for supervising a team of lifeguard/swim instructors. You will also oversee our inflatable adventure course.
- The upkeep and maintenance of the lakefront beach area and docks is also part of the job.
- The camp day runs from 9am to 4pm, with your regular work day being approximately 8am to 4:30pm but some evening and weekend preparation time will also be required to organize for each upcoming week.
- Dates of Camp are from June 22nd to August 28th (10 weeks). Staff training earlier in May and June is also required.
- Salary is based on experience and qualifications.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT EVERWOOD DAY CAMP What do you get out of the staff experience at Everwood Day Camp?
•Out of work hours you will forge wonderful friendships with our other staff members through our afternoon/evening staff activities! Sports (basketball, tennis, hockey, softball, volleyball, ultimate frisbee etc.), quiz nights, movie nights and more will be running regularly throughout the summer at Camp!
•Whether you work at Camp for one summer or fifty you will gain a lifetime membership to a warm, welcoming community of our staff, our campers and their families.
•An amazing experience where you will work hard, share your talents and enthusiasm and learn new skills that will be useful in future, as well as being a great resume booster.
•You will be more confident and improve (or add to) your ability to be: patient, kind, a leader, a teacher, creative, organized, inclusive, empathetic, spontaneous, independent, motivational and fun. It will be difficult to compare the person you are when you start at Camp to the person you become by the end of the summer.
•Are you seeking entrance to a college/university, a new job or an internship? A reference from one of our Camp Directors can help open doors for you.
•Paid summer employment.
•The satisfaction that you made a lasting difference in the lives of young people.
ABOUT EVERWOOD DAY CAMP
Imagine a place where children are part of an extraordinary summer camp community; where they will have fun, make friends, learn, grow and are inspired to be the best person they can be! Everwood Day Camp is that place! Our wide range of activities promote educational and personal growth, through our dynamic program of instruction in sports, arts, boating, swimming, nature and outdoor adventure. Everwood Day Camp provides a magnificent camp setting on 50 acres, surrounded by 100 foot pine trees, open green fields and the glistening 350 acre Lake Massapoag in Sharon.
Apply by: April 4 2015
Camp/Organization: Everwood Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
- An enthusiastic, motivated individual.
- The knowledge and ability to explain and demonstrate swimming fundamentals and techniques through drills and games.
- The ability to communicate, with patience and clarity, with children and co-workers.
- Previous experience of managing adults.
- 22+ years of age.
- Current lifeguard certification; Current W.S.I. certification.
- Experience of working with children
- Experience of teaching swimming
- Legal permanent resident of the U.S.A.
- Preferred: Experience of working on open water (lake or similar).
125 Lakeview Street
Sharon, Massachusetts 02067