Under the supervision of the Camp Director, the Waterfront Director directs and coordinates a safe aquatic program. The Waterfront Director will supervise aquatic staff, campers, and other staff while at the waterfront, and also participates in other camp programming as required.
• Assist with staff training. Teach staff their responsibilities in aquatic activities during staff training. Teach and monitor proper use of aquatic equipment.
• Supervise aquatic staff, including scheduling time off and assigning duties.
• Ensure that aquatic staff complete regular conditioning swims as required by ACA.
Apply by: July 8 2018
Camp/Organization: Camp Promising Acres/Girl Scouts of Southeastern New England (ACA Accredited)
Location: Swansea, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Year Round
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The incumbent must be a currently certified American Red Cross Lifeguard (or equivalent through another certifying body). Additionally, for Promising Acres, previous pool management experience desirable.
Must be 21 or older.
• Current Lifeguarding certification required; current WSI certification preferred.
• Small craft certification or experience required.
• Training and experience in waterfront management with an ability to manage aquatic activities.
• Be able to pass a background check.
• Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation, and current insurance.
• Must be available for full duration of employment
Required Training One day pre-camp training including but not limited to Safety, Risk Management, Youth Development, Child Health and Welfare, Outdoor Skills, and Program Activities. To Apply: If you are interested in this position, please go to:http://www.gssne.org/en/our-council/careers.html and select "Day Camp Waterfront Director" and apply online. Please note Camp Promising Acres when you apply. No phone calls please. The deadline for applying is June 1, 2018.