Camp Mowglis is a non-profit summer camp for boys on Newfound lake in New Hampshire running a full summer season program.
The waterfront is one of the most spectacular places on the camp’s property. There is 1,300 feet of shoreline on Newfound Lake. The area we call the waterfront is about 350 feet of shoreline, boathouses, docks, and beach. The waterfront activities are: Crew, Sailing, Kayaking, Canoeing, Windsurfing, Row Boating, and Swimming. Each activity is run by qualified senior staff members. It is very important that the waterfront be a safe, fun, and united environment.
- Supervise waterfront activities and staff
- Be at camp full time unless on night/day off.
- Assist teaching waterfront activities.
- Supervise lifeguards, staff and boys during daily all camp swim.
- Create 1-3 campfire evening programs.
- Participate in daily camp life.
- Participate in senior staff responsibilities.
- Maintain the belief that “the waterfront is the best place in camp”.
- Live in dormitories with the campers
Apply by: March 13 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Mowglis (ACA Accredited)
Location: Hebron, New Hampshire
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: starts at $250/week
Qualifications: (in random order)
- 21 years or older.
- Lifeguard/WSI certification (can be done before summer begins).*
- Experience working around water with kids.
- N.H. commercial boat license (can be done before summer begins).*
- Good attention to detail and Rick Management.
- Experience in a summer camp environment.
- Enjoyment being around kids.
- Energetic, Fun, Motivated.
- Have a desire to effect positive change in young men.
- Be able to provide a safe and fun environment for campers and staff.
- Able to be onsite at camp from June 10 - August 15, 2017
* indicates a certification that Mowglis will reimburse you for upon successful completion.