To further the mission of the camp through the planning and delivery of activities at the camp’s waterfront that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the camper’s age and abilities.
Provide management to the physical operation of the waterfront’s facilities and equipment.
Camp Jori is on Wordens Pond which is a natural freshwater lake and is the largest in the state at 1,043 acres.
- Plan, direct, and supervise a safe and fun waterfront program
- Write (with the help of waterfront specialists) lesson plans that meet camp goals.
- Evaluate aquatics abilities of campers and staff.
- Deliver creative swim and watercraft program activities.
- Train and supervise waterfront staff
- Assist in the planning and implementation of staff training.
- Train waterfront and counseling staff in their waterfront responsibilities.
- Supervise waterfront staff to provide a safe and high-quality program.
- Supervise the waterfront staff evaluation process.
- Implement the scheduling of waterfront staff.
- Directly supervise other aquatic staff.
- Manage the physical facilities and equipment in the waterfront program area
- Set up waterfront area prior to and during staff training.
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment.
- Conduct initial and end-of-season inventory, and store equipment for safety.
- Check equipment, and make (or file for) repairs.
- Conduct a daily check of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed, ensuring timely arrival of materials.
- Survey waterfront area daily, and keep the area free of hazards and debris.
- Participate as a member of the camp management team to plan, direct, and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions
- Work with Program Director and Waterfront Specialists to develop a program curriculum, awards programs, and leadership programs.
- Assist in the planning of any special events on or near the waterfront.
- Participate in management and staff meetings.
Apply by: April 10 2020
Camp/Organization: Camp Jori (ACA Accredited)
Location: Wakefield, RI 02879
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Previous experience in residential camping.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Have a boating license for the state of Rhode Island.
- Know how to use sailboats, kayak, canoe and stand up paddleboards.