Looking for a Waterfront Director; live-in preferred; full-time preferred, but part-time also possible
Position dates: June 23 - August 11, 2019
About Camp Bauercrest:
Camp Bauercrest is a premier overnight sports summer camp for Jewish boys, ages 8-16. Since 1931, Bauercrest has been delivering memorable summers through healthy competition and camaraderie to create an experience where boys make friends, learn new skills, and gain experiences that truly last "for a lifetime".
The Waterfront Director will report directly to the Camp Director and will manage all waterfront facilities while providing a safe and fun experience for all campers. The waterfront area includes waterskiing, wakeboarding, tubing, sailing, kayaking, canoeing and fishing. There is no swimming in the lake.
- Manage the physical facilities and equipment at the Waterfront program area.
- Communicate safety rules and proper behavior to participants.
- Ensure waterfront area, facility, and equipment is kept clean, safe, and secure on a daily basis. Ensure boat is always properly fueled.
- Drive the boat for waterskiing, wakeboarding and tubing.
- Provide instruction to campers on waterskiing, wakeboarding, sailing, kayaking and canoeing.
- Set up Waterfront area prior to camper arrival.
- Conduct initial and end-of-season inventory and store equipment for safety.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities and have a positive attitude about all camp activities.
- At end of season, all supplies neatly stored under boathouse, list of 2020 needs created, accommodations cleaned and keys returned.
- Sunday -Thursday 8:30-5:00
- Friday- 8:30-4:30
- 1 additional day off each week which will vary depending on camp trips.
- You will live in the boathouse with your own bedroom and bathroom
- 3 meals/day
Apply by: June 25 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Bauercrest (ACA Accredited)
Location: Amesbury, MA
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $1,000- $1,250/week- depending on experience
- Must be over the age of 21
- Red Cross certified lifeguard
- Boat safety class
- Experience in teaching waterskiing, kneeboarding, wakeboaring
- High school Diploma
- College degree preferred
- Previous experience with youth and teenagers a plus
- Love working with children a must