Water Safety Instructors are responsible for teaching group swimming lessons to children on Lake Naticook according to American Red Cross Swimming Lesson Standards.
Write lesson plans, with help of Waterfront Director, that foster participants’ aquatic skills
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
- Keep records on all participants’; help them progress from beginner to advanced levels
- Teach Red Cross Swim Lessons following Red Cross Outline for lessons. (Waddle Sheets or Certifications)
- Award recognition and participation certificates to campers, when earned
- Conduct daily check at equipment in area for safety, cleanliness, and good repair
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment: from going over rules and putting lifejackets on, to canoe / boating safety.
- Other duties as assigned
Apply by: July 19 2019
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp / Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age
- Hold current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Current certifications in CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED OR CPR/AED for the Healthcare Provider from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association or similar organization preferred
- Valid American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certification OR YMCA Lifeguard Certification preferred.
- Minimum of one season/year as a swimming instructor is preferred.
Additional Preferred Certifications to include:
- CPR/AED for the professional Rescuer Instructor
- Lifeguarding / Waterfront Instructor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to relate to one’s peer group
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Good character, integrity and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control
- Ability to communicate and train staff and campers in safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid
Interested candidates should complete a Town of Merrimack Application for Employment found below and return it to: Town of Merrimack Human Resources 6 Baboosic Lake Road Merrimack, NH 03054 You may also email it to email@example.com