Water Safety Instructors are responsible for teaching group swimming lessons to children on Lake Naticook according to American Red Cross Swimming Lesson Standards. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and be certified as a American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, or equivalent; candidates with American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification or equivalent strongly preferred.
Full & Part Time positions available.
- Write lesson plans, with help of Waterfront Director, that foster participants’ aquatic skills
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
- Keep records on all participants’; help them progress from beginner to advanced levels
- Teach Red Cross Swim Lessons following Red Cross Outline for lessons. (Waddle Sheets or Certifications)
- Award recognition and participation certificates to campers, when earned
- Conduct daily check at equipment in area for safety, cleanliness, and good repair
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment: from going over rules and putting lifejackets on, to canoe / boating safety.
- Other duties as assigned
Apply by: April 3 2017
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age
- Hold current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Current certifications in CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED OR CPR/AED for the Healthcare Provider from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association or similar organization preferred
- Valid American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certification OR YMCA Lifeguard Certification preferred.
- Minimum of one season/year as a swimming instructor is preferred.
- Ability to relate to one’s peer group
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Good character, integrity and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control
- Ability to communicate and train staff and campers in safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid
Please visit http://www.merrimacknh.gov/positionopenings or the Town of Merrimack Human Resource Office located at 6 Baboosic Lake Road, Merrimack, NH, 03054 to view a complete job description and to obtain a Town application. To apply, submit your Town application and a copy of your certification cards to the above address. No email please. Position is open until filled. EOE For questions about the position, please contact Parks & Recreation Director Matt Casparius at 603-882-1046. Position is open until filled