To work with a group of girls helping them to plan a varied, safe, well rounded camp program.
- Shares in the leadership responsibilities of the unit.
- Plans with campers and staff an interesting and challenging camp program, which reflects their personal choices and desires.
- Ensures that each girl’s ideas are listened to and that girl planning happens.
- Becomes familiar with the natural resources of the camp area and share with the group what is available to them.
- Arranges and requisition necessary supplies for planned program activities.
- Takes responsibility for health and safety of campers. Seeks prompt medical or first aid attention when needed.
- Instructs campers in and follow emergency procedures, such as fire drills, intruders, severe weather, etc.
- Gets to know each girl in the group, encourage her personal growth at camp, and help her respect the rights of others and herself.
- Encourages respect for personal property, camp equipment, and facilities. Reports maintenance needs as needed.
- Sets a good example for campers and others, including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing clean up and kapers, and participating in all camp activities.
- At the end of the session, fills out all required paperwork and duties such as badge record sheets, program evaluations, girl evaluations, etc. Submits all reports and paperwork on time.
- Maintains good public relations with campers, their parents, fellow staff, and the community in person and online.
- All other duties as assigned
Apply by: July 15 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Maude Eaton/Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (ACA Accredited)
Location: Andover, MA
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Skills and Qualifications:
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance.
- Ability to assist in teaching an activity.
- Familiar with Girl Scout program.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, self-control.
- Ability to work within the camp environment.
- Ability to be an effective member of the staff team.
- At least 18 years of age or just graduating from High School
- The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk on varied terrain, play games with campers and talk or hear.
- Specific vision ability required by this job is the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus. Ability to differentiate colors helpful.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 20 pounds on a regular basis.
- The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work may be indoors or outdoors and may be hot, humid, rainy or cool weather.
- Work will be during daytime with optional evening and overnight hours.