- To execute and promote the Wilderness Adventure program and the BRC trips in keeping with the camp mission statement
- Help prepare, plan and lead the BRC trips
- Execute and advocate the highest standards of safety
- Know and comply with the camp’s, state of Maine & ACA standards
- Role model and mentor all BRC campers and staff
- Facilitate and evaluate the development of your assigned campers on the trips
- Help keep track of all trip equipment in and out of camp
- Act as driver and primary facilitator on camp excursions
- Will report to the Wilderness Director
Your task is one of the most important in camp. The trip program pushes our boys to be even more independent and responsible then the independence they work on while at camp. The trips are a great way for the boys to truly appreciate the outdoors, spend time pointing out the nature around them and help them learn how to be responsible and respectful of the land. Leave no trace. Also, remember, your trip may be one of the only times the boys get to leave campus during their time at BRC. Always strive to keep the kids entertained, and you will find they will be easier to work with in the outdoors.
Apply by: May 5 2017
Camp/Organization: Birch Rock Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Waterford, Maine
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age; physically fit & appreciate the natural world
- Must have some experience leading groups on wilderness trips
- Candidate will need to have or will be certified in Wilderness Responder, CPR and state of Maine laws for Trip Leadership.
Employment dates: June 16 to August 13th.