The Timberlake Camp Director has the primary responsibility of effectively managing an 8-week summer camp program for approximately 130 male campers per session, and 65 staff. This position is the primary representative to all constituency groups (parents, campers, staff, alumni, F&W management, and the Board of Trustees) regarding all aspects of the Timberlake camp program. The Director’s primary responsibility is to strive for the good health and happiness of the campers, and full enrollment at Timberlake. The Director is responsible for all aspects of staff management, camper/parent relations, program development/management, camp risk management, ACA accreditation, budget oversight and adherence to the F&W mission. This is a year-round, exempt, salaried position. The Timberlake Director is required to live on-site and work 6 days per week during the camp season (mid-June to late August), work event weekends, and travel in the off season. Position work location is Plymouth, VT.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Develop goals, objectives and outcomes for the Timberlake Program, within the context of the greater F&W mission.
• Maintain a program that fosters the positive physical, emotional, and spiritual health of all campers and staff
• Monitor all programs for risk, and ensure that all safety protocols and procedures are being implemented by camp staff
• Participate in the overall F&W recruitment and communication strategies as requested by the Executive Director.
• Recruit, interview, and hire seasonal staff for Timberlake Camp
• Trains and prepare staff for camp responsibilities, as well as ensure staff is effectively supervised and evaluated each summer
• Work to ensure that Timberlake implements inclusivity and equity education and programming for both staff and campers, and participates in the overall organizational inclusivity and equity mission of F&W
• Effectively manage budget and actively participate in preparing the budget each Fall
Apply by: January 4 2019
Camp/Organization: Farm & Wilderness Foundation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Plymouth, VT
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
• Commitment to youth development and progressive social change
• Training, classes or life experience addressing issues of race, class, and gender within the U.S. culture
• Experienced educator in an experiential or classroom setting
• Background or experience in Outdoor Education or Adventure Education
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work tasks
• Excellent computer and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to troubleshoot in both outdoor education and office settings
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines